2 Marinades to Try This Summer
We grill at least once a week during the summer months, and even though we have a handful of favorite recipes we are always looking for new marinades to add to our rotation. With our bulk spices, the options are limitless! Just add some of the blend of your choice to a Ziploc Gallon Bag (#1979) with BBF Avocado Oil (#3516) and a few other ingredients, if you want, for simple marinades. Most blends are great on different proteins, making them extremely versatile. Try creating your own marinades for chicken, salmon, steak, pork, shrimp and more! Keep reading for two easy marinades that are on our rotation this summer.
Refreshing ginger teriyaki chicken that is quick and easy to throw together with our Mr. Yoshida’s Original Gourmet Sweet Teriyaki Sauce (#1042). Serve over a bed of rice with grilled pineapple.
Ginger Teriyaki Chicken Marinade
- 3-4 cups Main St. Meats Chicken Breast Chunks (#2620), thawed
- 1/2 cup Mr. Yoshida’s Original Gourmet Sweet Teriyaki Sauce (#1042)
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Supherb Farms Fresh Frozen Cilantro (#1921) or Green Onion (#1864)
- First, add the thawed chicken to a Ziploc Gallon Bag (#1979).
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pour into the bag with the chicken, and move around so it’s evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- To prepare, grill for a few minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. If desired, baste the marinade on as it grills.
- Let rest before serving with a bed of rice.
Lemon & Essential Season-All Shrimp is quickly becoming a summer staple. Seasoned simply with a coarse blend of salt, pepper, onion and garlic, fresh rosemary sprigs, and lemon juice.
Lemon & Essential Season-All Shrimp Marinade
- 1 lb. AquaStar Black Tiger Shrimp (#2806), thawed
- 2 Tbsp BBF Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp AP Alison’s Essential Season-All Blend (#2478)
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon zest, optional
- 3-5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- First, add the thawed shrimp to a bag, followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Then, preheat grill to medium.
- If desired, thread shrimp onto soaked bamboo skewers. Otherwise, place on a grill mat.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Before serving, drizzle with homemade lemon garlic butter sauce. Enjoy!