Savory Halibut Meal
Have you ever joined us for one of our webinars featuring Chef Alex? We love it when he visits and shares his kitchen secrets! This savory halibut meal is one of Chef Alex’s masterpieces-made-easy. It looks like a fancy restaurant-quality meal but with these simple steps, even an amateur chef can serve this recipe with pride.
Seared Halibut with Smashed Baby Potatoes, Bacon and Asparagus with Soy Garlic Broth
- Halibut fillets, thawed (#8028)
- 4-5 slices of bacon, diced (#8464)
- 10-12 baby baker potatoes, thawed (#2423)
- 8-10 stalks of asparagus, thawed, cut on diagonal in about 1 inch pieces (#3127)
- 1 cube softened cubed butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion (#5772)
- 1 lg clove garlic (#1289)
- 2 lg spoonfuls Chef Shamy Lemon Dill SautÃ© Butter (#8879)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp of chicken base (#1038)
- Dried parsley, thyme, Herbs de Provence
- Make the soy garlic broth: add water to saucepan, along with chicken base, bring to boil, add soy sauce and sautÃ©ed minced garlic , add 1/8 cup soy sauce, and 1/2 cup heavy cream, a pinch of parsley, herbs de Provence.
- Stir and simmer Smashed potatoes – thaw dry excess water from potatoes with paper towel.
- Smash with hand on board, and add to hot pan. Add butter, brown on both sides, season with salt Season with salt /pepper. Set aside while keeping warm Halibut
- For the halibut, thaw, sear in hot pan with small amount of oil, after brown color begins at edges turn over and sear on remaining side. Let rest on drip pan for 5 min.
- Cook bacon bits in pan until crispy, add asparagus. SautÃ© in bacon grease and 1 tab butter until tender. Set aside.
- Return fillets to hot pan, add 2 generous spoonful’s of lemon dill butter to pan, let melt and baste over fillets.
- Place fillet in bowl, add asparagus/bacon mixture around the fillet, add 5 of the smashed potatoes on top of the asparagus/bacon mixture.
- Drizzle 2 large spoonful’s of the broth over the fillet and potatoes. Serve, Enjoy.