Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with sugar cookie Shamrock Cookies dipped in Bailey’s Irish Cream Baking Chips and green sprinkles. You can also frost the cookies with a simple Cream Cheese Frosting recipe (see below), using food coloring to turn it green.
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
This is our go-to Creamy Cheese Frosting recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Kirkland Sweet Cream Butter (#1723), room temperature
- 3 cups C & H Confectioners Sugar (#1151)
- 1 tsp Blue Cattle Mexican Vanilla (#6919)
- 1/8 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- Green food coloring, optional
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth.
More Green Desserts for St. Patty’s Day
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with sugar cookie Shamrock Cookies dipped in Bailey’s Irish Cream Baking Chips and green sprinkles.
- 2 1/2 cups Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder (#2847)
- 1 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- 1 cup Kirkland Sweet Cream Butter (#1723), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup C & H Confectioners Sugar (#1151)
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tsp Blue Cattle Mexican Vanilla (#6919)
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Baking Chips (#1810)
- 1/2 cup green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Then, line a cookie sheet (#4020) with parchment paper (#1153) and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in the flour until the dough doesn’t stick to your fingers.
- Roll the flour out on the counter 1/4″ thick. Then, use a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter to cut the dough.
- Place onto a cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes, or until they begin to turn golden. Move to a cooling rack (#1145) to cool. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Then, melt Bailey’s chips in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between, until it is fully melted.
- Once the cookies are cooled, dip half the cookie into the chocolate. Immediately add green sprinkles, then set back into the cooling rack for the chocolate to set. Enjoy!
- Mint Chip Pudding Cookies - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Chocolate Mint Brownies Jennifer’s Mint Brownie Cookies Shamrock Cookies […]