Carne Asada Tacos
Mouthwatering flavorful beef seasoned with a zesty one-step Carne Asada Seasoning. Layer on a tortilla with cilantro, onion and lime juice. Complete the meal by serving chips and Tagge’s Salsa, black or refried beans, and Spanish rice using Spanish Rice Seasoning (#2105).
How to get tender carne asada
Our #1 tip for tender steak is to marinate with lime juice. The acidity of the lime juice breaks down tissues, resulting in tender and flavorful meat. Also, if you choose to cut the carne asada into smaller pieces than how it comes, allow it to rest before cutting so the juices soak back into the meat. Otherwise, you may end up with dry meat- which no one likes (we hope…).
Taco Tuesday Recipes
Mouthwatering flavorful beef seasoned with a zesty one-step Carne Asada Seasoning. Layer on a tortilla with cilantro, onion and lime juice.
Carne Asada Tacos
- 1 1/2 lb. Main St. Meats Carne Asada Steak (#1755), thawed
- 2-4 Tbsp BBF Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3-6 Tbsp Carne Asada Seasoning (#7378)
- 12 Street Taco Corn Tortillas
- Vegalene Spray (#1212)
- 1 cup Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#1060), optional
- 3/4 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772), thawed
- 1/2 cup SupHerb Farms Fresh Frozen Chopped Cilantro (#1921), thawed
- 1/2 cup Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860), optional
- 1-2 limes, cut into wedges
- First, marinate the meat overnight. Add the steak, oil, lime juice and seasoning to a Gallon Ziploc Bag (#1979). Turn the bag to evenly coat the meat, then place in the fridge for 1 to 4 hours.
- Then, heat a splash of oil in a frying pan. Cook the steak for 5-6 minutes, or until it reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, heat the corn tortillas. Spray another pan with vegalene, then add two tortillas layered together. Flip after a couple minutes. If desired, serve tacos with two tortillas layered, or split them apart.
- To assemble, spread a layer of guacamole on the tortilla. Top with the meat, chopped onion, cilantro, cheese and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Delicious Ways to Celebrate National Guacamole Day - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] with Avocado Salsa Carne Asada Tacos Chicken Fajita Bowls SharePin1Tweet1 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook […]