This horchata recipe is refreshing, creamy, and easy to make. It is the perfect addition to your favorite Mexican dish. In addition, it is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan- so all our friends can enjoy it.
Can this be made in an Instant Pot?
Yes! First, mix cups 2 cups water, rice, and cinnamon stick together in a pressure cooker pot. Second, close the lid and set the valve to Sealing. Press Pressure Cook and cook for 1 minute on High Pressure. Then, once the cooking cycle has completed, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then set
How long will Horchata keep in the fridge?
Horchata will keep in the fridge for up to 10 days. If it has gone bad, the smell will let you know. It is normal for the water and rice mixture to separate- simply mix it back together and serve as normal.
If you like this recipe, try these:
This horchata recipe is refreshing, creamy, and easy to make. It is the perfect addition to your favorite Mexican dish.
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (#1468)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (#1294)
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half or into pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar (#1632)
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Vanilla (#6702)
- First, rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer under running water.
- In a large pitcher or bowl, add 3 cups of the water, rinsed rice, chopped almonds, and the cinnamon stick. Mix together, cover, soak in the fridge for at least 4 hours. For the best results, soak overnight.Â
- After soaking, add the mixture to blender and puree for about 3 minutes, until completely smooth.
- Set aÂ fine mesh strainerÂ over a large pitcher. Pour the mixture through the strainer and remove as much of the liquid out as possible. Use a spoon or spatula to help move the liquid through. Do this about 2 times, until the strained liquid is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the remaining 3 cups of water, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix together, taste and add more sugar if desired.Â
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Adapted from: https://www.isabeleats.com/horchata-recipe/