Key Lime Pie Tarts
Key Lime Pie is one of our favorites, so we’re thrilled about how fast this recipe is! Plus, bite-sized foods somehow always taste better. This recipe features our Les Boulangers 3 in. Unbaked Tart Shells (#2756), which are made from high-quality ingredients. They’re packaged in aluminum bake-and-serve tins, making baking a snap! Just add your favorite quiche or pie filling and bake.
For National Key Lime Pie Day, we’ll be enjoying Key Lime Pies Tarts in premade, mildly sweet pastry shells, filled with a zingy key lime custard topped off with meringue. They’re perfect for birthdays, holidays, or just because.
Can I alter this recipe?
- Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top.
- Use premade or homeomade graham cracker tarts.
- Top with Dream Whip Topping (#1952).
Key Lime Pies Tarts in premade, mildly sweet pastry shells, filled with a zingy key lime custard topped off with meringue.
Key Lime Pie Tarts
- 8-10 Les Boulangers 3 in. Unbaked Tart Shells (#2756)
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, plus zest
- 2 Tbsp C & H Powdered Sugar (#1151)
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- First, place the tart shells on a Crestware Cookie Sheet (#). Bake at 375ÂºF for a few minutes, until partially cooked.
- Meanwhile, start the filling by whisking the egg yolks. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and zest, and sugar until thoroghly mixed. Divide the mixture between the tart shells and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the custard is mostly set.
- Prepare the meringue by whipping the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until thick and shiny. Divide between the tartlets, to the edges of the shell, then place back in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.