Movie Night Snacks
We know how hectic the last few months of the year are, which is why we know how important it is to slow down. Put some soup in the slow cooker and cuddle up with a mug in front of the TV later. Don’t forget the snacks, including our addicting Chex Mix.
Whether you serve it sweet or savory, Chex Mix is a crowd favorite. Cuddle up for your next movie night with a bowl of this addicting Chex Mix.
Homemade Chex Mix
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Honey Chex
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex or Wheat Chex
- 1 1/2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1 cup Goldfish Crackers (#3097)
- 2-3 cups AP Cashews (#9116)
- 3/4 cup Kirkland Butter (#1723)
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp AP Seasoning Salt (#1033)
- 3/4 tsp AP Onion Powder (#1027)
- First, preheat your oven to 250F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cereals, crackers, and cashews.
- Then, melt the butter in a saucepan. Once melted, at the Worcestershire sauce and seasonings (find more flavor combos below).
- Next, pour the butter mixture over the cereals and stir so everything is covered. Spread onto a large cookie sheet (#4020) or baking dish.
- Place in the oven for 45-60 minutes, mixing every 15 minutes until it begins to turn golden.
- For any leftovers, store in an airtight container or Ziploc bags.
Adapted from: https://www.simplysated.com/my-famous-chex-party-mix/
Sweet or Salty Chex Mix:
- If you think Chex Mix is addicting, stay away from this Holiday Chex Mix– it is SO.GOOD. For the sauce, you will need 1 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632), 1 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup (#1103), 3/4 cup Kirkland Butter (#1723), and 1 tsp Durkee Vanilla Flavor (#1625). Find the full recipe from Cooking Classy here.
- Another sweet and salty combo we love is Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix. Use the same measurements above for the cereal and crackers (minus the cheddar goldfish). Sprinkle 3 Tbsp C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632), 3 Tbsp C & H Brown Sugar (#1150), and 2 tsp Korintji Cinnamon (#1005) over the cereal. Then add the melted butter and stir until everything is covered. Allow to cool on a baking sheet before serving.
AP Products fit for Movie Night
- Kirkland Movie Theater Butter Microwave Popcorn (#1821). Because it’s not a movie night without popcorn! Try adding some of your favorite seasonings like Leah’s Lemon Pepper (#1022) or Rosie’s Ranch Dressing (#3893).
- If you’re anything like us, eating something savory makes us crave some chocolate. View our selection of treats here, including Milk Chocolate Almonds (#2033), Yogurt Pretzels (#2040), and more.
- For a bigger crowd, we like to serve our J & J Soft Pretzels (#1472). Try having a DIY Pretzel Bar and provide different toppings and dipping sauces like Cinnamon & Sugar (#3894), mustard, cheese sauce, and more.
- Movie nights are all about finger foods, which is why our Mini Chicken Corn Dogs (#1581) are perfect- especially if the kids just want popcorn for dinner!
- With all these treats, you’ll probably want something to sip on. We offer a few delicious Stephen’s Hot Cocoa Mixes like English Toffee (#5433), Salted Caramel (#5434), and Milk Chocolate (#6940). View the full selection here.