How to use Leftover Halloween Candy
Put your leftover Halloween Candy to good use with these delicious recipes and fun crafts including Candy Bar Ice Cream and Halloween Trail Mix. It doesn’t just have to sit on the counter waiting to be eaten.
Use the candy for games!
- Leftover candy can make great learning tools! It can be great for practicing how to count or learning how to write letters.
- There are plenty of fun games using leftover candy. Check out these ideas on 3 games to play with Skittles, that could easily be played with any small-sized candies.
- Save it! We know, kinda weird, right? But, you can save some candy to use to decorate gingerbread houses
Halloween Candy Recipes
We’re just wondering why we didn’t think of using leftover candy in recipes sooner! Here are some of our family favorites to enjoy after Halloween, or any time of the year!
If you like this idea, try freezing your favorite candy to add to ice cream throughout the year. That way, you won’t have to try and use the candy stash up quick.
Halloween Extras Ice Cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups chopped leftover Halloween candy
- Uncle Denny’s Caramel Topping (#7894), optional
- Scoop softened ice cream into a large bowl along with the chopped candy bars. Mix together, without completely blending the ingredients together. If desired, add caramel sauce.
- Next, move to an airtight container and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
What better way to create a sweet and savory treat? We’re sure you have most of these ingredients on hand, too!
Homemade Halloween Trail Mix
- 1 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 3 cups Pretzel Snaps (#2319)
- 1 1/2 cup Candy Corn
- 1 1/2 cup M & M’s or Reese’s Pieces
- 6 cups Popped Kirkland Movie Theather Popcorn (#1821)
- First, pop the popcorn.
- Then, mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
All the ingredients can be adjusted as your family desires. We like to keep equal measurements of the candy, but adjust as needed.
More recipe ideas
- Have you ever tried Rolo cookies? Man, they’re delicious! Save your favorite leftover chocolate candies to add to your favorite cookie dough recipe. You can freeze the candy (and even the cookie dough!)until ready to use.
- Keep some in your purse. This may be our favorite one yet… The candy doesn’t all have to be for the kiddos!
- Every year, Candy Bar Brownies are a hit in our home because obviously adding chocolate to more chocolate is a great idea.