Beef and Bean Tostadas
A simple dish we have been having on repeat lately is tostadas. Even with a fried shell, they are so refreshing! Enjoy spiced ground beef, refried beans, pico de Gallo, lettuce, and cheese layered on top of a crispy tostada shell for a simple lunch. They’re basically just flat tacos, with a delicious crispy shell. Pile on your toppings, and don’t be afraid to dig in (and get ready for a delicious mess!).
Personalize your toppings!
Similar to tacos, tostadas are a hit in our home because of how much they can be customized depending on everyone’s likes and dislikes. We set each ingredient out and every one layers with their favorite toppings. Give these a try:
- For a heartier meal, add Simplot Cilantro Lime Rice & Fire-Roasted Corn Fiesta (#2761).
- Swap the ground beef for a leaner meat like Carolina Ground Turkey (#3568) or chicken.
- Make your own shells by spraying corn tortillas with Vegalene 3-Oil Blend (#1212) and baking until crispy.
- Add a scoop of Tagge’s salsa as a topping, or mixed into the meat.
- If you’re a fan of seafood, spice up Pacific Seafood Newport Cooked & Peeled Shrimp (#1812) with our taco seasoning instead of ground beef.
Spiced ground beef, refried beans, pico de Gallo, lettuce and cheese layered on top of a crispy tostada shell for a simple lunch.
Beef and Bean Tostadas
- 1 lb. Childer’s Ground Chuck (#2549)
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 3-6 Tbsp AP Ole’ Taco Seasoning (#1037)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp orange juice, optional
- 1 tsp AP Premium Garlic Powder (#1021)
- Regal Coarse Sea Salt (#1147) and AP Coarse Black Pepper (#1028), to taste
- Tostada shells
- Toppings: Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#1060), cotija cheese, hot sauce, Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645), pico de gallo, Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860), cilantro, romaine lettuce, lime juice, etc.
- First, brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain fat. Then, add taco seasoning, water and orange juice and heat through.
- In a small pot, add the refried beans along with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat on medium-low, adding more seasoning as needed.
- To assemble, spread a layer of beans onto the tostada, followed by the ground beef. Add desired toppings, and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, try these:
- "Emergency Dinner" Burrito Casserole - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Beef and Bean Tostadas Chicken Taco Bowl Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook Share on Twitter…