Chicken Taco Bowl
We’re big fans of Mexican cuisine, and while we love classic Tacos or burritos, it’s fun to try new recipes for Taco Tueday! So, in honor of National Taco Day, we’re sharing a fun twist on chicken tacos. Chicken Taco Bowls are basically just deconstucted tacos, full of seasoned chicken, cilantro lime rice, corn & jalapeno blend, black beans with your choice of toppings. Plus, it’s a fairly healthy dish! To make it even healthier, use Flav-R-Pac Riced Cauliflower (#1032) in this easy Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice recipe from A Saucy Kitchen.
We love “bowl” recipes- protein bowls, smoothie bowls, etc. because they are so easily customized! And, our Simplot items mean hardly any prep work is required for you. Simply heat everything up, and load up your bowl!
These toppings deserve an honorable mention:
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime juice
- Hot sauce
- AP Rosie’s Ranch Dressing (#1032)
- Green onion
- Tortilla chips
Seasoned chicken, cilantro lime rice, corn & jalapeno blend, black beans with your choice of toppings for a refreshing Chicken Taco Bowl.
Chicken Taco Bowl
- 5 Tbsp BBF Avocado Oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lb. Pierce FC Diced Chicken Breast (#2546)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onions (#5772)
- 5-8 Tbsp AP Ole’ Taco Seasoning Mix (#1037)
- 6 cups Simplot Cilantro Lime Rice & Fire-Roasted Corn Fiesta (#2761)
- 1 cup Simplot RoastWorks Flame-Roasted Sweet Corn & Jalapeno Blend (#1984)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 Tbsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 2 tsp AP Baja Chili Lime Seasoning (#2730)
- 1 cup Kirkland Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (#1860)
- Pico de Gallo
- Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#1060)
- First, preheat oven to 400F. Toss the chicken and onion in 1 Tbsp oil and the taco seasoning, then place on a Crestware Baking Pan (#5957) and bake for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a skillet on medium high heat. SautÃ© the cilantro lime rice for 7 minutes, covered, stirring frequently.
- In another skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. oil on medium high heat. Add the corn & jalapeno blend and cover for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Now, add the black beans, garlic, diced green chiles and baja lime blend to a small sauce pan. Heat for about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the taco bowls, first add rice, followed by chicken, black beans, corn & jalapeno blend, pico de gallo, cheese, guacamole, and any other desired toppings.
Give these a try for Taco Tuesday!
- Korean Rice Bowl - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Chicken Taco Bowl Low Carb Beef Bulgogi Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls SharePinTweet0 Shares 0Shares Share on Facebook Share on…