Buttery, crunchy homemade English toffee topped with a layer of semi-sweet chocolate and toasted chopped nuts. Perfect for the holidays!
Perfect for a neighbor gift!
If you’re planning to do neighbor gifts this year, English Toffee is a great idea. Simply cut a piece of parchment paper (#1153) in half, place a few pieces of toffee in the center, and secure with Regency Red & White Bakers Twine (#7993).
Looking for more Holiday Sweets?
Buttery, crunchy homemade English toffee topped with a layer of semi-sweet chocolate and toasted chopped nuts.
- 3/4 cup Kirkland Whole Almonds (#1294) or Kirkland Fancy Pecan Halves (#1292)
- 2 cups Kirkland Sweet Cream Butter (#1723)
- 2 2/3 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup (#1862)
- 1 lb. Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (#1305)
- First, preheat oven to 325F.
- Then, spread the almonds on a Crestware Cookie Sheet (#4020) lined with parchment paper (#1153). Toast the nuts for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until they are fragrant. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool, then finely chop.
- Now, line a Crestware Cookie Sheet (#4020) with Kirkland Premium Quality Foodservice Foil (#1963) and spray with Vegalane (#1212).
- Add the butter, sugar, corn syrup, and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, and bring to a boil. Using a candy thermometer, continue to cook until the temperature reaches 300F. The butter will start to separate, continue to stir as the temperature rises.
- Once it reaches 300F, remove from heat and gently pour onto the cookie sheet. Use a silicone spatula to make it even. Once it has slightly set, use a knife to score rectangles into the mixture. Then, allow to cool completely.
- As it sets, melt the chocolate in one minute intervals, stirring between each time, until melted entirely.
- Once the toffee is cooled, dip it into the melted chocolate, immediately topping with the chopped almonds. Set on a Crestware Cooling Rack (#1145) for the chocolate to set. If desired, place in the fridge to set faster. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://www.thespruceeats.com/english-toffee-520453