White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
These white chocolate dipped peppermint cookies are a fun treat to give to friends and neighbors or to take to a holiday cookie exchange!
White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- 3 3/4 cups Shirley J Snickerdoodle cookie mix (#5243), Best Maid Sugar Cookie Dough (#1165), or your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups (15 oz) white Ghirardelli chocolate chips (#1306)
- 2 1/2 tbsp (30g) shortening
- 1/3 cup (60g) peppermint bits, or finely crushed candy canes
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl mix cookie mix, peppermint extract and water together until combined well. Drop coop dough out 1 1/2 Tbsp (about 33g) at a time on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner, spacing cookies 2-inches apart (chill dough balls that aren’t currently baking in refrigerator on plates).
- Bake in preheated oven 10 – 11 minutes (cookies should appear slightly under-baked). Remove from oven and allow to rest several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the coating: Place chocolate chips and shortening in a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave on 50% power in 20-second intervals, stirring well between intervals until melted and smooth. Dip half of the cooled cookies in white chocolate allowing excess to run off (or slide bottom slightly along the edge of bowl) then transfer to wax paper and immediately sprinkle with peppermint bits.
- Allow to set at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Sugar Cookies […]