A savory, simmering soup is the epitome of cozy comfort food! This Hamburger Soup recipe has simple, basic ingredients and a wholesome flavor reminiscent of meals from your grandma’s table. Plus, it’s healthy without being so obvious that your kids will turn up their noses. #momwin
- 1 lb ground turkey (#3568) or 1 lb ground beef (#2622)
- 1 cup chopped onion (#5772)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (#1020)
- 2 cups diced redskin potatoes (#8569)
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth (#1039 base)
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (#1432)
- 1 bay leaf (#1753)
- salt and pepper to taste (#1146) (#1029)
- 3 cups mixed vegetables (#1493)
- Brown onion, ground meat and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add potatoes, broth, tomatoes, tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning and bay leaves. Simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Serve with Janey Lou’s Beehive Rolls
Adapted from: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/hamburger-soup/
- Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Hamburger Soup– just sub the hamburger with ground turkey. […]