How to Cut a Pineapple
Pineapple is an essential part of our summer gatherings. Whether we enjoy it grilled or in a fruit salad, we’ve been trying to find the best way to cut it- and we have! Our Norpro Pineapple Corer/Slicer (#2148) effortlessly cores and uniformly slices a whole pineapple. Plus, it preserves the shell to use as a serving bowl or decoration. All in all, it has become a new favorite summer tool, and we don’t have to worry about figuring out the best way to cut off the shell!
How to Pick a Good Pineapple
It seems like everyone has a different way to pick out the best Pineapple, but here are a few tricks we have up our sleeves. We couldn’t NOT share these easy ideas with you.
- Check the color. So, what part of the pineapple do we check? Simply look at the bottom of the fruit- if it’s green or yellow, go to the next step. But, if it’s brown, pick another fruit.
- Check the smell. Unlike some other fruits, a green pineapple doesn’t necessarily mean it’s unripe. Because of this, you will want to smell the fruit- if it smells sweet, it’s a good one; but, if it smells fermented, skip it.
- Check the firmness. Along with the smell, check for a firm fruit. If it is soft or squishy, you’ll want to keep looking. Something else to check is green leaves- if you can easily pull one from the center, then it’s ripe.
5 Juicy Ways to Use Sliced Pineapple
- The most Popular way to use Sliced Pineapple is the classic Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.
- Our Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Pineapple Skewers are one of our favorites. It’s fast, easy, and delicious.
- Martha Stewart has some amazing recipes, and her Jerk Pineapple Pork Chops are no exception. We are drooling!
- Finding creative ways to make pancakes is one of our favorite pastimes, so when we found this recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Pancakes we about lost our minds. It’s a perfect summer breakfast!
- We have loved this sweet and spicy Pineapple Sriracha Glazed Chicken Quarters recipe for years. Try them with our Kirkland Chicken Thighs (#1317).
How to Cut a Pineapple
Our Norpro Stainless Steel Pineapple Corer/Slicer (#2148)* has changed the game for cutting this delicious fruit without the hassle. You can purchase it here.
*This product is available seasonally.