We’re suckers for a good bread recipe around here, so when we saw these breadsticks from Jamie, we had.to.have her recipe to try this out! As long as the base for your breadsticks is delicious, you can flavor them however you want! Sweet, savory, spicy, you name it. Jamie’s Basic Breadstick Recipe is delicious and versatile.
More ideas for topping breadsticks:
- If you love cheese, this is the topping for you! Mix together 2 Tbsp Butter (#1723), 1 tsp Garlic Powder (#1021), and 1 tsp Italian ‘N Pizza Seasoning (#1432). Brush the mixture over the dough, then top with 1 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake as directed below, or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Another recipe for cheese lovers: Cheesy Ranch Breadsticks. Simply mix together 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (#3516) with 1 Tbsp dry Rosie’s Ranch Dressing Mix (#132). Brush onto the dough, the top with 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake at 425 for 15025 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and golden brown.
- For a Sweet and Spicy Breadstick, mix together 1 Tbsp AP Chili Powder (#1014) (or less, depending on the heat you want), 1 tsp AP Ground Cumin (#1442), 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar (1150) and about 1/4 cup Avocado Oil (#3516). Spread the mixture on the dough, and bake as directed below.
If you like this recipe, try these:
We’re suckers for a good bread recipe around here, so when we saw these breadsticks from Jamie, we had.to.have her recipe to try this out! We are drooling over the pictures, and can only imagine how amazing it smells.
“You’re definitely getting some of my favorite recipes 😉😂. And, yes, those are cinnamon (#1005) with a powdered sugar (#1151) glaze on them! I’ve been using the recipe for over twenty years now, I use it for my pizza dough, too. Here’s the basic recipe, (I have such a hard time sharing recipes because I adapt and don’t measure perfectly.)
- 4 cup warm water
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Regal Sea Salt (#1146)
- 6-8 cup Turkey Brand Flour (#2285) (I don’t measure, I just mix until the sides of the bowl are clean)
- 2 Tbsp SAF Instant Yeast (#2446)
- Mix and rest ten minutes.
- The recipe says Melt 1/2 cube butter and divide it on two cookie sheets. Roll dough to fit each pan and then sprinkle with garlic salt (#1019) and Parmesan (#1683), and then cut in strips.
- Let raise 19 min in warm oven, turn oven to 375 and bake for 20 min.
**I melt the butter, Spray two cookie sheets with Vegalene, roll, cut, twist, butter, sprinkle, raise, bake, instead of doing straight sticks—I like extra work, I guess 😉😂.
It also makes two large and one small pizza crust 🍕☺️
Recipe from: Jamie Perkins