Looking for a healthy alternative to carbs to pair with your Italian meals? It’s hard to give up chewy breadsticks to mop up the leftover marinara sauce from a spaghetti dinner. This Cauliflower Breadsticks recipe offers a delicious, healthier substitute with riced cauliflower as the base.
- 5 cups of raw riced cauliflower (#2743), drain press the moisture out. Or Cauliflower Florets (#6383)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (#1683)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic (#1020)
- 2 tbsp Italian n’ Pizza Seasoning (#1432)
- 1 tsp salt (#1146)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (#1029)
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. To rice the cauliflower I cored it and broke it into florets. Then I placed it in the bowl of my food processor and pulsed until it was the texture of rice.*
3. In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon garlic, 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together. Place the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle about 9×7″ and 1/4″ thick.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Cool about 10 minutes and cut into ‘breadsticks’. Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve with your favorite Red Sauce and enjoy!
*If you are using the Riced Cauliflower rather than making your own, Step 2 does not apply.
- Mini Hasselback Potatoes - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Cauliflower Breadsticks […]
- Cauliflower Mash With Meatballs and Gravy - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Cauliflower Breadsticks […]
- Butternut Squash Pancakes - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] try Cauliflower Pizza Crust or Cauliflower Breadsticks. We were pleasantly surprised with how tasty both options […]