Need a quick meal on a night when the kids have practices and music lessons? Pasta is always a family favorite and a go-to meal for busy moms. If you’re tired of spaghetti, mix things up with this easy Pasta Carbonara. Served with a green salad and garlic bread, and it’s a well-rounded meal in minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb Dailyâ€™s thick sliced bacon, diced (#8463)
- 1-2 Garlic cloves, minced, about 1 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 3-4 whole eggs
- 1 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese (#1683)
- 1 lb Spaghetti noodles (#1331)
- Salt and black pepper to taste (#1146) (#1029)
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil (1 tbsp for every 2 quarts of water.)
- While the water is coming to a boil, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook slowly until crispy. Add the garlic (if using) and cook another minute, then turn off the heat and put the pancetta and garlic into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and mix in about half the cheese.
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the pasta, and cook, uncovered, at a rolling boil. When the pasta is al dente (Still a little firm, not mushy), use tongs to move it to the bowl with the bacon and garlic. Move the pasta from the pot to the bowl quickly, as you want the pasta to be hot. The heat of the pasta will heat the eggs sufficiently the create a creamy sauce.
- Toss everything to combine, then add the beaten eggs with cheese and toss quickly to combine once more. Add salt to taste
- Serve at once with the rest of the Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper