Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes topped with bread crumbs and crispy cheese. This classic recipe is the perfect addition to any special-occasion meal. Plus, using our Shirley J Whisk Bliss Universal Cooking Base (#1980) makes preparing the cheesy sauce easier than ever! If you would like this recipe to be Gluten Free, simply use your favorite Gluten Free bread crumbs.
How long will this stay good?
If you’re anything like us, then you likely serve Scalloped Potatoes for special occasions- birthdays, holidays, etc. Usually, the whole dish is gobbled up, but in the off chance you have extras, simply store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Or, you can freeze for up to four months!
Looking for more potato recipes?
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes topped with bread crumbs and crispy cheese. The perfect addition to any special-occasion meal.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups Shirley J Whisk Bliss Universal Cooking Base (#1980)
- 1 tsp Custom Culinary Chicken Flavored Base (#1040)
- 3 lb. russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772), sauteed if desired
- 2 cups Tillamook Shredded Cheddar Cheese (#1866)
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp AP Premium Garlic Powder (#1021)
- 1 pint sour cream
- Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) and AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029), to taste
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- AP Parsley Flakes (#1426)
- First, preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with Vegalene (#1212).
- Next, combine water, Whisk Bliss, and chicken base in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Now, stir in the onion, sour cream, and 3 cups of cheese until fully incorporated.
- To the prepared pan, add a layer of sliced potatoes. Top with 1/3 of the cheese sauce, followed by another layer of potatoes. Repeat until the potatoes and cheese sauce are gone. Then, top with breadcrumbs, parsley, and the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover the pan with Kirkland Premium Foodservice Quality Foil (#1963) and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil, baking for 10-15 minutes more or until the cheese is golden brown and potatoes are tender. Allow to cool before serving.