10 Tips for Summertime Cooking
With summer just around the corner, we want to help you enjoy cooking with your little ones while they’re on break from school with these 10 Tips for Summertime Cooking. We know how it goes having little hands all over the kitchen!
10 Tips for Summertime Cooking with Kids:
- Let children help plan the menu and go shopping with you. This helps children feel like they have some control over what is served and are more likely to eat it.
- Assign each child a day to create and make lunch. Let them choose the menu and prepare the food.
- Try to keep a regular routine – especially when it comes to be mealtime.
- Keep a list of snack ideas on the fridge rather than everyone having to stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open mindlessly staring.
- Sneak in a fruit or vegetable with each meal or snack.
- Make it fun.
- Meal prep at the beginning of the week. Involve the kids.
- Keep a treat bucket.
- Have a cooking contest.
- Plan and prepare snacks ahead for road trips