3 Easy Dutch Oven Bread Recipes
So, what’s so great about Dutch Ovens? Other than being perfect for camping, the size, shape, and thickness of the oven make it great for a wide variety of recipes- including these 3 bread recipes.
More Dutch Oven Favorites:
This savory Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread is the perfect side to any meal.
Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread
- Roll dough (#1136), (#5965), (#7968) or *pizza dough (#1079)
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp parsley (#1426)
- 2 tsp garlic powder (#1021)
- 1/4 tsp salt (#1146)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (#1683)
- Combine the butter, parsley, garlic, salt
andparmesan cheese together in a mixing bowl.
- Separate the refrigerated biscuits from each other and cut into fourths. Add the biscuits to the parmesan mixture and mix well.
- Coat a Dutch oven with non-stick spray and add in the ingredients. Bake in dying coals ( 350-375 degrees) for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate the dutch oven halfway through to make sure they cook evenly.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan. Pull apart pieces and enjoy.
*If you use rolls, cut the dough into quarters. If you use pizza dough, cut them it into small chunks. This is easiest done beforehand as well.
*For an easier option, try using our Chef Shamy Garlic Butter (#8124)!
These rolls are the perfect match of soft and crispy, and are so easy to make during camping trips!
Dutch Oven Rolls
- Dinner Roll Dough- (#1136), (#5965), (#7968)
- Butter, optional
- Dutch Oven (#1714)
Briquettes– 10 on the lid, 6 on the bottom
- Place frozen roll dough in your Dutch oven and thaw until they double in size. Cover in plastic wrap. This will be approximately 3 hours.
- Place 6 hot briquettes under your Dutch oven, and 10 on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes. You will know they are done when the top is golden brown.
- Once they are done, baste the tops with butter and serve warm.
*We like to butter our roll dough before baking them, in addition to once they are done. This makes the rolls full of flavor!
A dreamy twist on our beloved classic Cinnamon Rolls. These Blueberry Cinnamon Buns are a great way to change up breakfast!
Dutch Oven Blueberry Cinnamon Buns
For the dough:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar (#1632)
- 2 1/4 tsp SAF Instant Yeast (#2446)
- 4-5 cups flour (#2285)
- 1/2 heaping tsp baking powder (#2847)
- Scant 1/2 tsp baking soda (#2848)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (#1146)
For the Blueberry Filling
- 1 pint blueberries (#1218)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar (#1632)
- 2 tsp cornstarch (#2849)
- 2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest (#1433)
- 3/4 cup water
Additional Blueberries for Sprinkling
1 pintblueberries (#1218)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar (#1632)
- 4 Tbsp cinnamon (#3626)
- 2 Tbsp flour (#2285)
- First, prepare your blueberry filling: In a small dutch oven, combine 1 pint of the blueberries, sugar
andcornstarch. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest andwater. Cook over a full spread of coals, stirring often,until mixture begins to thicken . Remove from heat and allow to cool.F slight
- Then, prepare your dough. Mix whole milk, vegetable oil
andsugar in a pan. Scald to 150 degrees. Let cool until lukewarm (~45 minutes). Sprinkle in yeast and let sit. Then add 4 cup flour, stir mixture together. Cover and let sit for one hour. Add 1/2 cup of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir mixture together. Add enough flour to make a semi-sticky dough.
- Divide the dough in half. Sprinkle surface generously with flour and form into a rectangle, roll the dough thin, maintaining a rectangular shape. Spread half of the blueberry filling onto the dough. Sprinkle half of the additional blueberries for sprinkling on top. Roll the dough toward you. Pinch the seam to seal it. Cut rolls 3/4 to 1 inch thick and lay in greased dutch ovens. Repeat with
other halfof dough and blueberry filling.Cover the rolls and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Use 1 1/2 rings plus a couple of coals on top and 1 ring on the bottom.
- Generously drizzle your favorite cream cheese frosting over warm rolls after they finish baking.
- Makes 24-30 rolls.