Churro Cream Puffs
Reimagine churros using Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs, fried till theyâ€™re crispy, then rolled in cinnamon and sugar, and served with traditional dipping sauces. They are extremely easy to make, and a great way to dress up our traditional Cream Puff dessert. Plus, you’ll get the feel of carnival food without having to leave the comfort of your home!
Looking for a quick party treat?
If you’re looking for something quick and easy for your parties, we love our
Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs (#1350)! All you have to do is let them thaw, then serve. For an easy treat, serve coated in powdered sugar or chocolate sauce. But, if your crowd isn’t a fan on these creamy treats, here are a few more finger food options you’ll love:
- Orange Bakery Turnovers: Apple (#1199), Cherry (#1889), or Blueberry (#1890)
- Janey Lou’s Cinnamon Rolls (#9134) and Cream Cheese Icing (#8388)
- Orange Bakery Strudel Bites (#2106)
If you like this idea, try these:
Reimagine churros using Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs, fried till theyâ€™re crispy, then rolled in cinnamon and sugar, and served with traditional dipping sauces.
Churro Cream Puffs
For the Churro Cream Puffs
- 8 Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs (#1350)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Â½ cup Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#1536)
For the Chocolate Sauce
For the Caramel Sauce: Try using our Uncle Denny’s Caramel Topping (#7894) for an easier option!
For the Churro Cream Puffs:
- Bring oil to 400 degrees Fahrenheit in deep pot.
- Defrost and flash fry Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs in hot oil, a few at a time for 25 seconds maximum.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined cooling rack.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, then roll drained churros in the mixture. Serve warm with chocolate and caramel sauces for dipping (see below).
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- In a small sauce pot, bring heavy cream to a boil.
- Turn off heat and whisk in sugar, dark chocolate and cocoa powder until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spoon into serving dish.
For the Caramel Sauce:
- Split and scrape vanilla bean to get seeds.
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, combine vanilla bean seeds, sugar and corn syrup, mixing continuously.
- Heat heavy cream in a separate sauce pot to warm.
- When sugar mixture begins to caramelize, slowly whisk heavy cream into sugar mixture. Spoon into serving dish.
- 2 Delicious Ways to Enjoy Dessert Naan - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Churro Cream Puffs […]
- Twix Thumbprint Cookies - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Churro Cream Puffs […]
- Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Churro Cream Puffs […]