Churro Cream Puffs
Reimagine churros using Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs, fried till they’re crispy, then rolled in cinnamon and sugar, and served with traditional dipping sauces. They are extremely easy to make, and a great way to dress up our traditional Cream Puff dessert. Plus, you’ll get the feel of carnival food without having to leave the comfort of your home!
Looking for a quick party treat?
If you’re looking for something quick and easy for your parties, we love our
Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs (#1350)! All you have to do is let them thaw, then serve. For an easy treat, serve coated in powdered sugar or chocolate sauce. But, if your crowd isn’t a fan on these creamy treats, here are a few more finger food options you’ll love:
- Orange Bakery Turnovers: Apple (#1199), Cherry (#1889), or Blueberry (#1890)
- Janey Lou’s Cinnamon Rolls (#9134) and Cream Cheese Icing (#8388)
- Orange Bakery Strudel Bites (#2106)
If you like this idea, try these:
Reimagine churros using Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs, fried till they’re crispy, then rolled in cinnamon and sugar, and served with traditional dipping sauces.
Churro Cream Puffs
For the Churro Cream Puffs
- 8 Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs (#1350)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#1536)
For the Chocolate Sauce
For the Caramel Sauce: Try using our Uncle Denny’s Caramel Topping (#7894) for an easier option!
For the Churro Cream Puffs:
- Bring oil to 400 degrees Fahrenheit in deep pot.
- Defrost and flash fry Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs in hot oil, a few at a time for 25 seconds maximum.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined cooling rack.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon, then roll drained churros in the mixture. Serve warm with chocolate and caramel sauces for dipping (see below).
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- In a small sauce pot, bring heavy cream to a boil.
- Turn off heat and whisk in sugar, dark chocolate and cocoa powder until chocolate is melted and smooth. Spoon into serving dish.
For the Caramel Sauce:
- Split and scrape vanilla bean to get seeds.
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, combine vanilla bean seeds, sugar and corn syrup, mixing continuously.
- Heat heavy cream in a separate sauce pot to warm.
- When sugar mixture begins to caramelize, slowly whisk heavy cream into sugar mixture. Spoon into serving dish.
- 2 Delicious Ways to Enjoy Dessert Naan - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Churro Cream Puffs […]
- Twix Thumbprint Cookies - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Churro Cream Puffs […]