3 Grilled Pound Cake Ideas
Grilled Pound Cake is a great way to enjoy our new Sara Lee Pound Cake. The grilled toastiness makes it perfect for a variety of your favorite toppings, whether you go fruity or savory.
Get creative with pound cake!
We love a simple pound cake covered in whipped cream and strawberries, these creative ways to use pound cake will become new favorites- just like they did for us!
- Once thawed, use it in a parfait. Simply tear or cut into small pieces and layer with dream whip (#1952) and/or pudding- chocolate (#1913) or vanilla (#1914), and top with your choice of berries or cookie crumbles.
- Turn it into bread pudding! Simply use any recipe for Bread Pudding and replace the bread with pound cake.
- Pound cake french toast. WOW! This is amazing. As with the bread pudding, simply replace the bread with pound cake. It will change your life.
This ooey, gooey marshmallow and chocolate chip dessert is sandwiched between two delicious slices of grilled pound cake. A great way to change up our favorite camp fire treat.
Grilled Pound Cake S’mores
- Thaw and slice pound cake into 1/2 inch thick slices
- Brush and slice with melted butter.
- Top half of the slices with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
- Add the remaining slices to form a sandwich.
- Toast on the grill for approx. 3 minutes per side.
This Grilled Pound Cake and Berries is a refreshing treat with the pair of tartness from the berries, creamy yogurt, and the soft pound cake.
Grilled Pound Cake and Berries
- 1 package Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake (#1647), thawed
- 1 cup Greek style lemon yogurt
- Assorted fruit toppers: Mixed Berries (#1223), Blueberries (#1218), Raspberries (#1219), etc.
- Slice thawed pound cake into 1/2 inch slices.
- Spray both sides lightly with cooking spray (#1212).
- Grill over medium heat until lightly browned (1-2 minutes per side).
- Top with Greek style lemon yogurt or ice cream and sliced berries.
We didn’t think pound cake could get any better until we turned it into a Sunday.
Grilled Pound Cake Sundae with Pineapple
- 1 package Sara Lee Pound Cake (#1647), thawed
- Melted butter
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
- Pineapple slices. Can sub with Pineapple Cubes (#8277)
- Thaw and slice pound cake into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Brush each slice of pound cake with melted butter.
- Grill pineapple slices until they are golden brown and caramelized on both sides.
- While pineapple is grilling, place pound cake slices on the grill until lightly golden brown on both sides.
- Top the pound cake slices with the grilled pineapple and a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or other desired flavor).
- Finish with a chocolate sauce drizzle.