Red, White and Berry Trifle
A festive trifle layered with angel food cake, strawberries and blueberries, and pudding. Simple and delicious, and great with a variety of berries!
How to store Trifle:
We suggest storing your Trifle in the fridge, loosely covered with plastic wrap (#6127), for up to 3 days. Any longer than this, and it will likely become soggy- and not in a good way!
More delicious Red, White, or Blue desserts:
- Sweet Glory Strawberry Muffins
- 2 Blueberry Favorites
- Raspberry Crumble Bars– can substitute with strawberries.
A festive trifle layered with angel food cake, strawberries and blueberries, and pudding.
Sweet Strawberry Trifle with Pudding and Cake
- 1 3/4 cups Heavenly Angel Food Cake Mix (#2815)
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp ice cold water
- 3-4 cups Diced Strawberries (#2832)
- 3-4 cups Wyman’s Blueberries (#1218)
- 1/2 cup +1 Tbsp Dream Whip (#1952), prepared (see instructions)
- 3/4 cup ice cold water
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Pudding (#1914), prepared (see instructions)
- 2 cups cold milk
For the cake:
- Sift mix to be sure there are no lumps; spoon into measuring cup and level off.
- Add mix to ice cold water and whip, using wire whip, until fluffy, or about 3-5 minutes with mixer.
- Bake at 370° for 37-40 minutes.
- Once cooled, break or cut into cubes.
For the pudding:
- Add ½ cup Instant Pudding to 2 cups cold milk.
- Blend and whip on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill dishes immediately and chill.
For the Dream Whip:
- Mix water and Dream Whip Mix on low speed until mixed, whip on high speed for 5-8 min. or until soft peaks form.
- First, layer your trifle dish with angel food cake. Then, a layer of strawberries and blueberries. Next, pudding. Repeat until your trifle dish is full. Top with Dream Whip and more berries. Enjoy!
- Try using our Pound Cake (#1647) in place of Angel Food Cake to change things up!
- We like to layer the Dream Whip between the cake and pudding for an extra creamy dessert.
- To add a nice crunch to this treat, add a layer of granola (#5768).