Red, White and Berry Trifle
A festive trifle layered with angel food cake, strawberries and blueberries, and pudding. Simple and delicious, and great with a variety of berries!
How to store Trifle:
We suggest storing your Trifle in the fridge, loosely covered with plastic wrap (#6127), for up to 3 days. Any longer than this, and it will likely become soggy- and not in a good way!
More delicious Red, White, or Blue desserts:
- Sweet Glory Strawberry Muffins
- 2 Blueberry Favorites
- Raspberry Crumble Bars– can substitute with strawberries.
A festive trifle layered with angel food cake, strawberries and blueberries, and pudding.
Sweet Strawberry Trifle with Pudding and Cake
- 1 3/4 cups Heavenly Angel Food Cake Mix (#2815)
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp ice cold water
- 3-4 cups Diced Strawberries (#2832)
- 3-4 cups Wyman’s Blueberries (#1218)
- 1/2 cup +1 Tbsp Dream Whip (#1952), prepared (see instructions)
- 3/4 cup ice cold water
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Pudding (#1914), prepared (see instructions)
- 2 cups cold milk
For the cake:
- Sift mix to be sure there are no lumps; spoon into measuring cup and level off.
- Add mix to ice cold water and whip, using wire whip, until fluffy, or about 3-5 minutes with mixer.
- Bake at 370Â° for 37-40 minutes.
- Once cooled, break or cut into cubes.
For the pudding:
- Add Â½ cup Instant Pudding to 2 cups cold milk.
- Blend and whip on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill dishes immediately and chill.
For the Dream Whip:
- Mix water and Dream Whip Mix on low speed until mixed, whip on high speed for 5-8 min. or until soft peaks form.
- First, layer your trifle dish with angel food cake. Then, a layer of strawberries and blueberries. Next, pudding. Repeat until your trifle dish is full. Top with Dream Whip and more berries. Enjoy!
- Try using our Pound Cake (#1647) in place of Angel Food Cake to change things up!
- We like to layer the Dream Whip between the cake and pudding for an extra creamy dessert.
- To add a nice crunch to this treat, add a layer of granola (#5768).
- Berry Biscuit Trifle - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Red, White and Berry Trifle […]
April 4, 2021
Ther is no place on your site or the angel food cake packaging that tells what size pan to use or how much batter one recipe makes!
April 5, 2021
We apologize, Amy! Thanks for catching this. One batch of batter makes a standard Bundt cake. We’ve also cooked it in a large loaf pan (depending on the size of your pan, fill it roughly half full).