3 Uses for Diced Avocados
If you haven’t tried our diced avocados yet, you’re missing out! They are a serious game changer. Sometimes it can be frustrating to use fresh avocados because they tend to go bad so fast. With these avocado dices (#1645), simply thaw how much you need and use as you would a normal avocado.
Benefits of avocado:
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas. This is a common nutrient that most people don’t get enough of.
- They are a high in fat. But not just any fat, a monounsaturated fatty acid that has been knows to help with inflammation.
- Avocados are great sources for some essential vitamins included vitamins C, E, K, and B-6.
Other recipes you can use diced avocados in:
- Add guacamole seasoning to smashed avocados.
- Combine in a bowl using a fork.
- Chill for 30 minutes and serve.
Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup bananas (#2835)
- 2 cups coconut water
- 3/4 cup avocado, mashed (#1645)
- 2 Tbsp honey (#1148)
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (#1005)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (#6702)
- Dash of salt (#1146)
- Banana slices and crushed almonds for topping (optional)
- In a blender, combine bananas and coconut water. Puree until smooth.
- Add the following 6 ingredients, and continue to blend until smooth.
- Serve in frozen mug or glass. Top with banana and crushed nuts, if desired.
Adapted from: https://karluci.com/2018/11/07/creamy-avocado-smoothie/
- 1 slice of bread- Sourdough (#1551), White (#1336), Wheat (#1345)
- 3/4 cup diced avocado (#1645)
- Pinch of salt (#1146)
- Optional: Toppings suggested above
- Toast your slice of bread until golden and firm.
- While your bread is toasting, put your diced avocado in a bowl and mash it up with a fork until it’s as smooth as you like it. Mix in a pinch of salt (about ⅛ teaspoon) and add more to taste, if desired.
- Spread avocado on top of your toast. Enjoy as-is or top with any extras suggested above.