Can these recipes be low carb?
Yes! Shrimp Scampi is already low carb, just use zoodles or riced veggies instead of pasta. For the Tacos, use your favorite low-carb tortilla, or substitute with a romaine leaf for a lettuce-wrap taco.
If you like sea food, try these recipes:
- For our fellow seafood fans, there
isno such things as too many fish tacos. So, these Zesty Fish Tacos are great to make when you have extra fish sticks laying around! And, they’re quicker than fast food.
- Next up, this Heavenly Halibut is another simple fish recipe that will have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes!
- Another dish we love is this Soy and Ginger Shrimp en Papillotes. You will have dinner ready in a flash! Plus, it’s full of flavor and fun to open the little Papillotes packet with the flavorful steam.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi can be served as an appetizer or the main dish, served over your favorite pasta. For a low carb option, try it over zucchini noddles. Regardless of how it’s served, this dish is bursting with flavor and ready in 10 minutes!
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (#3516)
- *4 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (#1289)
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp prawns (#1545), shelled with tails on or off
- Salt (#1146) and fresh ground black pepper (#1028) to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth (#1038)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or to taste (optional)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds – 1 minute). Then add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on one side (until just beginning to turn pink), then flip.
- Pour in wine (or broth), add red pepper flakes (if using). Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half and the shrimp is cooked through (don’t
over cookyour shrimp).
- Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice
andparsley and take off heat immediately.
- Serve over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini noodles).
Recipe Notes: For an easier option, try using about 4 Tbsp Chef Shamy Garlic Butter W/Parmesan & Basil (#8124) in place of the butter, garlic and parsley.
Adapted from: https://cafedelites.com/garlic-butter-shrimp-scampi/
Costa Vida Baja Shrimp Tacos
We’re all about finding the perfect copy cat recipes around here, and these Shrimp Tacos do not disappoint! Not only are they #droolworthy, but this recipe uses a lot of kitchen essentials! It can be Taco Tuesday every night, if you really wanted it to be.
- 3 Tbsp unsalted
- 1 tsp honey (#1148)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juice only
- Salt (#1146), to taste
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. shrimp (#1545), shelled, deveined, any size
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Romaine Lettuce, Shredded
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into thin rings (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients (through cilantro) until incorporated. Heat up a sauté pan until just before smoking.
- Add the honey butter mixture; let melt. Add the shrimp. Sauté until cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Place some of the shrimp into each tortilla. Spoon some of the remaining butter over the top of the shrimp. Add the shredded lettuce and top with fresh mango and avocado.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges and a side of jalapenos, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Geoff Alter, Costa Vida. https://fox13now.com/2014/02/12/shrimp-tacos-02-12-14/