Campfire Beef Stew
Campfire Beef Stew is a hearty dish full of veggies and meat and is perfect for a backyard dinner or to warm up at the end of a camping day. To make preparing this dish a breeze, we suggest measuring everything out before your camping trip and storing in a container- #6476 or #6477 or Ziploc bag (#1979) inside a cooler until you are ready to prepare the dish.
How can I change this recipe?
One thing we love about Beef Stew is that we can swap things out depending on what sounds good, without changing the base too much. We suggest changing the veggies and spices, if you choose to adapt the recipe. You can use any of our veggie blends or spices to change up your beef stew.
3 Favorite Dutch Oven Recipes:
Campfire Beef Stew is a hearty dish full of veggies and meat and is perfect for a backyard dinner or to warm up at the end of a camping day.
Campfire Beef Stew
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 2 lbs beef stew meat (#2607), cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped onion (#5772)
- 3-4 cups Capri vegetables (#8737)
- 3 tsp minced garlic (#1289)
- salt (#1146) and pepper (#1029), to taste
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour (#2285)
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth (#1041 base)
- water, as needed
- 6 small potatoes, cut into chunks (#2423)
- Dutch Oven (#1714)
- Heat the oil in your Dutch oven. Add the beef and cook until brown on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then, add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions begin to soften- about 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper and stir in the tomato paste, to coat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the beef mixture and toss to coat, making sure the flour is well absorbed. Slowly stir in the beef broth. Add enough water so the liquid level comes about 1 inch above the meat.
- Cover and cook for about 1 hour, until the beef is almost tender.
- Stir in the potatoes and Capri vegetables and continue to cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper before serving.