Korean Rice Bowl
“Fiesta” with our Simplot Cilantro Lime Rice & Fire-Roasted Corn Fiesta in more ways than just Southwestern fare! We were pleasantly surprised to find out how well the flavors worked in Korean Rice Bowls. Enjoy this rice blend topped with a spicy Korean chili marinated chicken, fried egg, and kimchi. These incredibly easy bowls will quickly become a weeknight favorite- plus, this is great for meal prepping!
Can I change this recipe?
Yes! Here are a few easy changes you can make depending on diet and personal preference:
- Swap the chicken for a different protein like Carolina Ground Turkey (#3568), Pacific Seafood Cooked & Peeled White Shrimp (#1812), or tofu. If you use shrimp or tofu, we recommend still marinating before cooking.
- For a low carb option, use Flav-R-Pac Riced Cauliflower (#2743) or Tattoeed Chef Zucchini Spirals (#2803) seasoned with Regal Coarse Sea Salt (#1147), diced poblano pepper, cilantro, Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289), Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772), poblano pepper and lime juice.
- Replace the honey with C & H Brown Sugar (#2261) for a sweeter sauce.
A bed of Simplot Cilantro Lime Rice & Fire-Roasted Corn Fiesta topped with a spicy Korean chili marinated chicken, fried egg, and kimchi.
Korean Rice Bowl
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 bag Simplot Cilantro Lime Rice & Fire-Roasted Corn Fiesta (#2761)
- 3 Tbsp Korean chili paste
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Busy Bee Light Amber Honey (#1149)
- 2 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- Regal Coarse Sea Salt (#1147) and AP Coarse Black Pepper (#1028), to taste
- 3-5 Tbsp BBF Avocado Oil (#3516), split
- 3 cups Chicken Breast Pieces (#2620)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 eggs, fried
- Toppings: Green onion, kimchi, sirarcha mayo
- First, create a chicken marinade by combining the chili paste, soy sauce, honey, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger in a Ziploc Gallon Bag (#1979). Add the thawed chicken, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for best flavor.
- Then, add 2-4 tablespoons oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high. Add the rice and sautÃ© for 7-10 minutes, covered, stirring frequently.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil over medium-high. Add the chicken, reserving the marinade, and saute until cooked through and golden brown. Remove the chicken, then carefully pour the marinade and simmer for at least 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add the chicken back to the pan to coat.
- To serve, place the chicken on top of the rice, followed by a fried egg, green onion, sesame seeds, kimchi, and sirarcha mayo. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://simplotfoods.com/recipe/korean-rice-bowl