Sheri’s Strawberry Jell-o Salad
The sweet and salty combination pretzels pairs nicely with strawberries in this summer Jell-o salad that will quickly become a family favorite. It can easily be made ahead for a party, just cover and refrigerate!
Can I change this recipe?
While we love the Strawberry variation of this dessert, it really could be adapted to a few different flavors. To do this, you would only swap the fruit + Jell-o flavors. Everything else would stay the same. If you are using our frozen vegetables, it may help to sprinkle them with C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632) to create a fruit syrup for more flavor. Although it is delicious just using the fruit as well.
- Try using a Raspberry Jell-o with our Glacier Raspberry Crumbles (#2830). Leave them in the crumbles rather than blending for a tasty texture difference.
- Swap with Orange Jell-o and a combination of crushed pineapple + mandarin oranges for a tropical twist on an orange creamsicle treat.
- For another fun substitution, try using blackberry Jell-o with our popular Wyman’s Blueberries (#1218).
- We love the colors of a Strawberry Banana Jell-o Salad. Simply swap the strawberries with Dole Chef-Ready Sliced Bananas (#2835), and leave them in slices rather than blending.
- Peaches are a favorite all summer long, but with our frozen Peach Slices (#7841) you can make this dessert year-round. Simply swap for the peach slices + Peach Jell-o for an insanely yummy treat.
Looking for more summer desserts?
- Orange Creamsicle Pound Cake
- Quick & Creative Ways to Enjoy Frozen Cookie Dough
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
The sweet and salty combination pretzels pairs nicely with strawberries in this summer Jell-o salad that will quickly become a family favorite.
Sheri’s Strawberry Pretzel Graham Cracker Jell-o Salad
- 1 cup crushed Synders Pretzels (#2319)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 oz. strawberry flavored Jell-O*
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Diced Strawberries (#2832) (defrost partially and puree or smash)
- First, preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Stir together crushed pretzels, graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press in bottom of a 9×13″ pan.
- Then, bake 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Next, dissolve Jell-O in boiling water. Stir in still strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is partially set, spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
*We no longer offer Jell-o on our website, but you can purchase it by the case through alisonspantrydirect.com and have it delivered directly to your house.
Recipe from: Sheri Pugh in Blanding, UT
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Sheri’s Strawberry Jell-o Salad […]