Plan a Picnic
Today is National Picnic Day. Get a good Picnic Basket and fill it with your favorite foods!
Whether you’re planning a small family picnic or a larger gathering, there are a few tips to keep in mind while planning. You can keep it as simple as you want, focusing more on the time spent with loved ones. Keep reading for simple picnic tips + food suggestions.
- Pick a location beforehand. Along with that, think about what activities you want to do as this will factor into picking the perfect spot. Our favorite picnic activities include playing card games, throwing a ball, flying kites, or even going on a hike.
- Pack utensils. This includes plates, plastic forks, spoons, and knives for eating, and larger serving utensils. Depending on the menu, bring along a knife and Crestware Flexible Cutting Mat (#3840).
- Prepare the food at home and store in CubeWare Two-Compartment Meal Prep Containers (#2682), Deli Containers, or Mason Jars. If you have the room, pre-packing each serving is a great idea, too. Then, just set everything out on the picnic blanket or table and dig in.
- Bring an Insulated Leak Proof Cooler Bag (#1825) or Alison’s Pantry Insulated Tote Bag (#4051) for perishable items like veggies + dip.
- Don’t forget a Kirkland Flex-Tech Trash Bag (#2777) and wipes for easy cleanup.
We prefer to stick with easy finger foods- think chips, sandwiches, or a veggie platter. But, if you’re having a larger picnic, bring along dishes like Jell-O Salad, Caprese Tortellini Pasta Salad, Raspberry Crumble Bars, Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip, Barbecue Baked Beans or Classic Lemon Bars.
- Throw a few bags of Welch’s Berries ‘N Cherries Fruit Snacks (#1288) into your picnic basket. Whether they’re eaten with lunch or as a snack during activities, they’re great to have on hand.
- Rather than bringing one or two big bags of chips, have everyone choose a bag from Frito Lay Classic Mix Variety Pack (#4018). You won’t have to worry about bringing home a bag of half-crushed chips, which is a #momwin! Choose from Doritos Nacho Cheese, Crunchy Cheetos, Classic Lay’s, Original Fritos, Cool Ranch Doritos, Sour Cream & Onion Lay’s, or Barbecue Lay’s.
- For a healthier addition, cut up carrots, celery, or broccoli and store in a Deli Container. In a separate container, bring Lip Smackin’ Chipotle Ranch (#2589) or Rosie’s Ranch Dressing (#1032) for dipping.
- Make sandwiches on Stone Ground Tuscan Mini Dinner Loaves (#8196). Spread mustard and mayo on the bread, then fill with sliced cheese, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, and your choice of Bridgerland Sliced Turkey Meat (#2100), Bridgerland Sliced Honey Ham (#2101) or Double L Ranch Meats Sliced Pit Beet (#2102). If you prepare them at home, wrap them in AP Parchment Paper (#1153) tied with twine. Label the sandwiches by name so you know who each one belongs to.
- Don’t forget the drinks! Bring an Insulated Leak Proof Cooler Bag (#1825) with Sunny Delight Tangy Original (#8581), V8 Splash Tropical Blend (#1717) or V8 Splash Berry Blend (#1716).
- If you want to bring dessert, stick to something that is less likely to melt in the sun like Best Maid Peanut Butter Crispy Bars (#6917), Lofthouse Frosted Sugar Cookies (#2624), or Janey Lou’s Cookies (Chocolate Chunk #2610, Peanut Butter Chip #2611, or Sugar Cookie #2612).
- Mother's Day Recipe Roundup - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Plan a picnic for mom! With help from dad, get everything ready beforehand so mom can just enjoy time…