Thanksgiving Puff Pastry Appetizers
Choose from two appetizer recipes using delicate frozen puff pastry for sweet and savory holiday creations. Keep reading to learn how to make Puff Pastry Brie Asparagus Bundles and Cranberry & Brie Puff Pastry Bites.
A bundle ready to party! These bundles are made with fluffy puff pastry, tender asparagus coated in garlic butter, and a bite of brie. Try topping with fresh thyme and a drizzle of Busy Bee Clover Honey (#1148), too!
Puff Pastry Brie Asparagus Bundles
- 8 squares Henry & Henry Puff Pastry Squares (#2443)
- 8 oz. brie, cut into cubes or slices
- 24-32 stems Flav-R-Pac Asparagus Spears (#3127), thawed and excess liquid patted off
- 2 Tbsp Chef Shamy Garlic Butter (#8124)
- 1 egg, beaten
- First, thaw the puff pastry at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Cover with a piece of AP Parchment Paper (#1153) to prevent drying.
- Meanwhile, thaw the asparagus and pat dry. Toss in melted garlic butter, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, place a piece of puff pastry in front of you, with a corner pointing down (as a diamond). Then, place the brie in the center followed by 3-4 stems of asparagus. Fold the outer corners up to bundle the asparagus. Repeat with remaining ingredients, setting on a Crestware Baking Sheet (#4020) lined with parchment paper. Let rest for 30 minutes to eliminate shrinkage.
- Next, brush each pastry with the egg wash. Bake at 390°F and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Melty brie, homemade cranberry sauce, honey, and thyme on top of a crispy, fluffy bite-sized pieces of puff pastry. These festive bites are the perfect snack before your big Thanksgiving feasts.
Cranberry & Brie Puff Pastry Bites
- 3 sheets Henry & Henry Puff Pastry Squares (#2443)
- 8 oz. brie
- 1 cup homemade cranberry sauce
- Busy Bee Clover Honey (#1148), to drizzle
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- First, preheat oven to 390°F.
- Then, thaw the puff pastry at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Cover with a piece of AP Parchment Paper (#1153) to prevent drying.
- Now, cut each sheet into 9 pieces, 3 cuts lengthwise and 3 cuts crosswise. Place on a Crestware Baking Sheet (#4020) lined with a Crestware Silicone Baking Mat (#8436). Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and add a small spread of brie on top of each puff pastry, followed by about 1 1/2-2 tsp of cranberry sauce. Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutse, or until the brie is slightly warmed.
- Remove from oven and garnish with thyme and honey. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://www.wellplated.com/brie-bites/