Bacon Jalapeno Jam
Sweet and savory Bacon Jalapeno Jam made with lots of bacon, jalapeno, onion, maple syrup, and more. Don’t knock it ’til you try it! This jam is great for grilling season; it’s our new favorite burger and hot dog topping! The jalapenos give it a little bit of a kick, but if you want more heat, try using habanero peppers instead.
- The flavors of this jam pair perfectly with charcuterie board fixins. Create your own board with various cheeses, crackers, Margherita Hard Salami Slices (#1688), Stonefire Original Naan Dippers (#2794), fruit, and more.
- Bacon pairs perfectly with burgers and hot dogs, so when we tried this jam instead…We won’t be going back!
- Slap some on grilled cheese or other panini-style sandwiches.
Sweet and savory Bacon Jalapeno Jam with bacon, jalapeno, onion, maple syrup and more.
Bacon Jalapeno Jam
- 1 lb. Cloverdale Applewood Smoked Bacon (#2879)
- 1 Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772), finely chopped
- 3 JalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 1/4 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pinch AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029)
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring often, until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Reserving 1/4 cup fat from pan and straining through fine-mesh sieve, drain.
- Return reserved fat to pan; cook onion over medium heat, stirring often, until softened and deep brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add jalapeÃ±o peppers, garlic and salt; cook, stirring often, until jalapeÃ±o peppers are softened, about 4 minutes. Scrape onion mixture into saucepan.
- Add bacon, maple syrup, vinegar, pepper and 1/4 cup water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring often, until mixture is thickened and reaches jam-like consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Enjoy
Recipe from Cloverdale featured in our August 2022 catalog.
Be the first to comment.