Dutch Oven Pizza
Summer is here and nothing beats a lazy evening sitting around the campfire eating sâ€™mores and telling jokes. Itâ€™s a great way to build relationships, relax, and have fun. And nothing works up a big appetite like camping! Pizza is a creative way to use your Dutch oven and the pizzas can be personalized depending on what toppings you use. Cooking in cast iron ensures a crisp bottom crust and tender insides. Check out this fun recipe using our pre-made Rizzuto Pizza Dough for a quick, delicious meal everyone will love.
Dutch Oven Pizza
- Rizzuto 16 oz. Pizza Dough Ball (#1079)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Italian n’ Pizza Seasoning (#1432)
- 8 oz Pepperoni (#1596)
- 2 cups (8 oz) Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Favorite toppings such as olives and chopped veggies
- Lightly oil or spray Dutch oven; line with parchment paper.
- Begin forming the dough* by using a rolling pin or hand stretching. Form to 12â€ for a thicker crust or 14â€ for a thinner crust. Always roll out larger as the product will reduce in size when transferring to Dutch oven.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough and sprinkle the Italian n’ Pizza Seasoning topping on it. Then add your favorite toppings.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted and is lightly brown.
*For best results allow the dough to reach room temperature. Dough that is cold to the touch will result in a thin and chewy finished crust while dough that is warmer will result in a lighter and airier finished crust.
Adapted from: http://www.everydaydutchoven.com/search/label/Pizza
- Easy Homemade Calzones - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Dutch Oven Pizza […]
- 3 Easy Dutch Oven Bread Recipes - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Dutch Oven Pizza […]
- Campfire Beef Stew - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Dutch Oven Pizza […]
- Naan Pizza 2 Ways - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Dutch Oven Pizza […]