Everything you need for a Backyard Picnic
It’s hard to predict how spring and summer travel plans will shake out in 2020, so we’re already looking for simple ideas for family fun closer to home. We’re cleaning up the backyard now, and planning to enjoy the patio and grass for barbecues and picnics later. Whether you have young children, teens, or no children at home, a backyard picnic is the perfect way to relax and reconnect.
Grab some finger food and drinks and enjoy a change of scenery in your own backyard!
- A picnic basket
- Picnic blanket
- Paper plates and napkins- only serve finger foods so you don’t need utensils!
- Water bottles
Easy picnic recipes:
Prepare foods that don’t require utensils! Finger foods are fun for the kids and easier to clean up for the parents.
- Mini Corndog Muffins
- Fruit Leather
- Homemade Chex Mix
- Everything Bagel Club Sandwich
- Classic BLT Sandwich
These flavorful wraps are full of protein and an easy dairy-free Caeser salad dressing.
Caeser Avocado Wrap
- 1 Tbsp Silk Original Almond Milk (#1456)
- 3 Tbsp Tahini paste
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146) and Coarse Black Pepper (#1028), to taste
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 cup Simplot Avocado Dices (#1645)
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup roasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1/4 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onions (#5772), thawed, or chopped red onion
- 1 Receta De Oro Mexican Flour Tortilla (#4970) or Spinach Wraps
- First, prepare the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients. Then, mix in the salad ingredients.
- Next, place one cup of the mixture onto the tortilla. Enjoy!