These simple Fruit Leather strips are a no-hassle way to make sure your kids are only getting the best ingredients in their snacks. Choose any flavor of fruit, and try mixing them for a unique flavor combination you can’t get from the store.
What kind of fruit should I use?
We offer a wide variety of fruit, and really any of them would be delicious in this recipe. It is all about personal preference! You can try doing one fruit per leather, or mix things up with 2 fruits. Just use 1 1/2 cups of each. If you are doing a low carb diet, be sure to check that the fruits are Keto approved.
- Strawberry Zucchini. This is the perfect way to use up fresh garden zucchini and strawberries! Don’t worry, if you didn’t grow strawberries this year, just use our Chef Ready Cuts Strawberries.
- Raspberry Peach. We love this combination for summer not only for the flavors, but the colors too. Try keeping the mixtures separate then marble them together for a pretty fruit leather.
- Strawberry Lemonade. Drooling! It is as delicious as it sounds. Simply use extra lemon juice and a little zest for this easy snack.
- Blueberry Banana. This is a favorite breakfast combination, so why not turn it into a delicious snack, too?
- Pumpkin Apple. This combination is perfect for those fall months. Try adding some of our Cinnamon Blend (#1678) to really tie this together.
- Spiced Orange. Talk about festive! We love having this as an alternative treat idea for our kiddos so they don’t make themselves sick over all the candy during the Holidays.
- Yogurt. Try changing things up by adding 2 cups of yogurt for each 1 cup of fruit. It is a great way to help those sweet tooth cravings.
Looking for more easy snacks?
These simple Fruit Leather strips are a no-hassle way to make sure you and your kids are only getting the best ingredients in your snacks. Choose any flavor of fruit, and try mixing them for a unique flavor combination you can’t get from the store.
- To begin, blend the fruit in a food processor until smooth. Then, add the sweetener and lemon juice.
- Line a cookie sheet (#4020) and parchment paper (#1153) and pour the mixture onto it. Spread it across the pan to be 1/3 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Place in the oven at 140-170F for 4 to 6 hours until no longer tacky.
- Remove from the oven and cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Using scissors, trim the edges to be even. Then, cut the leather into 1 in strips. Wrap with parchment paper strips to store.