Treat yourself buttery Homemade Caramels for the holidays! This simple recipe will be ready in under an hour, and can easily be customized. Each caramel can be wrapped in Norpro 6 in. White Wax Paper Squares (#2233), then placed in a Mini Bakery Bread Bag (#7803) tied off Regency Red & White Bakers Twice (#7993) for a simple gift for loved ones.
Can I change this recipe?
Absolutely! We encourage you to keep the base of the recipe the same, but feel free to add some mix-ins for a more customized treat. Here are a few favorites:
- If you’re a cinnamon lover, mix in 3 tsp cinnamon extract and 1 tsp red food coloring.
- Top with Regal Course Sea Salt (#1147) for easy Salted Caramels.
- For fellow chocolate fans, add 2 oz. chocolate along with the sugar and corn syrup for a Chocolate Lovers Caramel.
- To add a little crunch, stir in 1-2 cups Kirkland Fancy Pecan Halves (#1292) right before pouring onto the cookie sheet.
More Caramel Desserts to try:
Treat yourself buttery Homemade Caramels for the holidays! This simple recipe will be ready in under an hour.
- 4 cups C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 1 cup Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723)
- 2 cups Karo Light Corn Syrup (#1862)
- 1 tsp Blue Cattle Mexican Vanilla (#6702)
- 2 12 oz. cans evaporated milk
- First, line a Crestware Cookie Sheet (#4020) with parchment paper (#1153). Set aside.
- Then, add the sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then slowly add the evaporated milk (this can take up to 15 minutes).
- Using a candy thermometer, continue to cook until the mixture reaches 238F.
- Immediately pour onto the prepared cookie sheet, allowing to cool completely before cutting.
- Once cut, place a caramel in the center of Norpro 6 in. White Wax Paper Squares (#2233). Twist the ends to secure, or tie with Regency Red & White Bakers Twice (#7993).