Meatball Pesto Sliders
Meatball Pesto Sliders make for an easy appetizer, lunch, or even dinner. You could even serve them as a party appetizer for game day, holidays, or even at wedding receptions. Enjoy fluffy Parker House rolls cut in half and stuffed with pesto, tomatoes, cheese, and meatballs, then covered butter for perfect crispness.
Looking for more ways to use meatballs?
Rosina Italian Style Meatballs (#9142) are savory ½ oz. beef blend meatballs, that are perfectly seasoned and fully-cooked. While they are usually added to spaghetti, there are a few more great ways to use this product. Try it in:
More easy appetizers
Fluffy Parker House rolls cut in half and stuffed with pesto, tomatoes, cheese, and meatballs, then covered butter for perfect crispness.
Meatball Pesto Sliders
- 12 oz. Rosina Italian Style Meatballs (#9142)
- 24 Bridgford Parker House Rolls (#1136), prepared and cut in half but not pulled part
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 2 garden fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 sticks Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723), melted
- 1 tsp AP Italian ‘n Pizza Seasoning (#1432)
- Kirkland Premium Quality Foodservice Foil (#1963)
- First, prepare rolls. Let dough thaw in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or covered in refrigerator overnight. Then, let dough rise until double in size (2-3 hours). Now, place 24 rolls on a lightly greased cookie sheet or in a cake pan 1-3 inches apart. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter or margarine, or spray with cooking spray. Bake in a pre-heated 375F oven 10-14 minutes, keeping them slightly underdone. Remove from oven and turn rolls out of pan immediately to cool. Once cooled, slice in half without pulling the rolls apart.
- Meanwhile, prepare meatballs in a covered saucepan by sauteeing in butter or oil until heated through.
- Spray a USA Pan Rectangular Pan (#1606) with Vegalene Garlic Mist (#1577), then place the bottom half of the rolls in. Slather with the pesto, then add a layer of tomatoes. Tp with the meatballs and cheese, then add the top half of the rolls.
- In a bowl, mix the Italian seasoning and melted butter. Baste on top of the rolls, then cover with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.