What could be better than a fudgy brownie? A fudgy brownie baked in a little cast iron pan to make every edge perfectly crispy, then topped with a scoop of rich vanilla ice cream and smothered in decadent homemade hot fudge. Sometimes made with a warm chocolate chip cookie as the base, known as a “skookie,” these skillet brownie sundaes could be called a “skownie” (but it hasn’t caught on yet).
Scroll down for all the details on crafting these individual indulgences.
Homemade Hot Fudge
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar (#1150)
- 1/4 cup sugar (#1632)
- 1 cup baking cocoa (#6282)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Karo Light Corn Syrup (#1103)
- Pinch salt (#1146)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Vanilla (#6919)
- First, add butter and cream to a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until butter is melted. Add sugars; cook and stir until dissolved, 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add cocoa, corn syrup, and salt. Cook and stir until blended, about 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate until melted. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until mixture reaches desired thickness, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Click here for tips on how to Build a Better Sundae!
A fudgy brownie baked in a little cast iron pan for perfectly crispy edges, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and smothered in homemade hot fudge.
- 4 1/2 cups AP Richly Delicious Fudge Brownie Mix (#1824)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 egg
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cornaby’s Classic Dessert Topping Gift Set (#2120)
- Bak-klene All Purpose Bakery Spray (#5564)
- Camp Chef Skookie Mini Cast Iron Skillets (#2271)
- First, preheat oven to 350°F. Then, spray the cast iron skillets with Bak-klene and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slowly add hot water to other ingredients while blending with mixer until smooth.
- Now, Divide the batter between the skillets, then place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and your choice of Cornaby’s Dessert Toppings.
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Brownie Skookie […]