2 Delicious Ways to Enjoy Dessert Naan
Enjoy Naan bread with more than your favorite savory dishes. This soft bread makes for a perfect quick dessert on a busy night. It is great for the base of any favorite dessert pizza or replacement of another bread product.
How else can I make dessert Naan?
- Cinnamon Sugar Naan. Simply butter your Naan bread and sprinkle with our Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#1536). Broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Cinnamon Roll Naan with Dip. To take it up a notch, make a dip to go with your Cinnamon Sugar Naan (See above). For the dip, beat together 4 oz. whipped cream cheese, 3/4 cup powdered sugar (#1151), 2 tsp milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (#6702), 2 Tbsp butter melted, 1/4 cup brown sugar (#1150), 1/2 tsp cinnamon (#1005).
- Strawberry Naan Dessert Pizza. We found this delicious recipe from Teaspoons of Spice. Simply heat your Naan until warm. While that is heating, whip 1/4 cup Heavy Cream until you get stiff peaks. Gently fold in 1 cup Greek yogurt. Then, top your Naan with the whipped cream mixture and 1 cup Diced Strawberries (#2832). Drizzle with honey (#1149), and enjoy!
Looking for more creative desserts?
This fun summer treat is a fun twist on a classic S’mores dessert, and it’s ready in under 10 minutes.
- 2 pieces Naan (#1686)
- 1 cup Nutella (#7338)
- 3 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 4 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- Set your broiler to high.
- Spread 1/2 cup Nutella on each piece of Naan and evenly top with 1 1/2 cups marshmallows.
- Place on a baking sheet (#) and let broil for 2-3 minutes, turning the tray so the marshmallows brown evenly.
- Remove from the oven and top with graham cracker crumbles. Enjoy!
Adapted from: https://www.stonefire.com/recipes/smores-pizza/
This unique twist on a classic recipe will hit the spot for any sweet tooth with its rich flavor.
Banana Foster Naan
- 2 pieces Naan bread (#1686)
- 2-4 cups bananas (#2835), thawed
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter- melt 1 Tbsp and set the other 6 Tbsp aside
- 6 Tbsp packed brown sugar (#1150)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Sugar (#1536)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup light or dark rum
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- First, preheat your oven to 450°
- Next, mix the sugar and ½ tbsp of cinnamon together in a small bowl, there will be more sugar than needed – use the extra cinnamon sugar to top the finished dessert.
- Then, spread the melted butter over the bubbly side of the two pieces of Naan, sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a baking tray. Set aside until ready to top with the banana mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the brown sugar until combined. Add the bananas and cook for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through. When the bananas feel tender sprinkle with ½ tsp cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg, then remove pan from the heat.
- Place the Naan on a baking tray and put in the oven for 3 minutes to warm them. Once warm, place the Naan on a plate used to serve.
- Turn the heat back on under the banana skillet and pour in the rum. Shake the skillet to mix and distribute the liquid and ignite the rum with a long match. Using a long handled spoon, baste the bananas with the sauce until the flames disappear.
- Remove from heat and spoon over portioned cinnamon sugar Naan. Top with vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.
Adapted from: https://www.stonefire.com/recipes/banana-foster-naan/
- Tailgating Ideas using Naan Bread - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] S’mores Pizza […]