Corn & Jalapeno Game Day Appetizers
Our NEW Simplot RoastWorks Flame-Roasted Sweet Corn & Jalapeno Blend (#1984) is great to just heat and serve with signature appetizers, salads, soups, wraps and more! This blend is full of perfectly flame-roasted sweet corn with white corn and a blend of jalapeno, green onion, garlic, cilantro, and seasoning making it the perfect addition to any Tex-Mex meal. These mouthwatering recipes for Flame Roasted Corn Jalapeno Queso and Elote Street Corn featuring our new blend are perfect for a Game Day appetizer.
Looking for more easy appetizers?
We’re all about making your time in the kitchen easier, so check out these delicious recipes that will impress your guests.
- Phyllo Recipes Fit for Entertaining
- 4 Savory Pierogy Appetizers
- Bagel Dogs
- Our Favorite Dips for Parties
- Tailgating Ideas Using Naan Bread
Flame Roasted Corn Jalapeno Queso
- 4 cups Gehl’s Nacho Cheese Sauce (#1999)
- 20 oz Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 2 cups Simplot Flame-Roasted Sweet Corn & Jalapeno Blend (#1984)
- 1 Tbsp Supherb Farms Fresh Frozen Cilantro (#1921)
- First, combine the first 3 ingredients in a pan. Then, cook until everything is heated through. Next, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips, Naan Bread (#1686) triangles, or your favorite dippers.
Elote Street Corn
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil Mayo (#1537)
- 1 Tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1/4 cup Kirkland Butter (#1723), room temperature
- 2 tsp Baja Chili Lime Seasoning (#7664)
- 1 tsp AP Ground Cumin (#1442)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbles
- 5 cups Simplot Flame-Roasted Sweet Corn & Jalapeno Blend (#1984)
- First, puree the chipotle in adobo with the mayo until smooth.
- Next, prepare the flame-roasted corn & jalapeno blend. Simply heat 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (#3516) in a large skillet on med-high heat. Add product and cover for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, combine corn blend, butter, lime juice, cumin, Baja seasoning, and mayo mixture. Sprinkle with queso fresco and serve.
Adapted from: https://simplotfoods.com/Recipe/Elote-Street-Corn