4 Savory Pierogy Appetizers
Pierogies are hearty, tender pasta dumplings filled with a rich, creamy blend of mashed potatoes and Cheddar cheese. They are delicious on their own, but we have discovered some really fun and easy ways to enjoy this product. These 4 Savory Pierogy Appetizers will quickly become frequents on your weekly menus.
More easy appetizers:
Pierogy Fries will become your new favorite way to enjoy fries. Plus, they count as fries since they have potatoes, right?!
- 1/2 bag Mrs. T’s Classic Cheddar and Potato Pierogies (#5621)
- Vegalene Buttery Delight (#1576)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Dried parsley (#1426)
- Preheat convection oven to 375Â°F. Spray baking sheets (#5957) with Vegalene.
- Place frozen pierogies on the baking sheet then spray the tops of the pierogies with more Vegalene.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown, turning over halfway through cook time.
- Once done, sprinkle the parmesan and parsley and enjoy!
Adapted from: http://www.mrstsfoodservice.com/Recipes/Details?currentId=64
We love breakfast potatoes coated in Rosie’s Ranch Seasoning, so we were thrilled when we stumbled upon this recipe. It is a great snack or appetizer.
- 1/2- 1 bag Mrs. T’s Loaded Baked Pierogies (#4991)
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 8 Tbsp Rosie’s Ranch Dressing Mix (#1032)
- To begin, combine oil and seasoning.
- If you are short on time, deep fry. First, take pierogies directly from freezer and cook in deep fryer for approximately 3 minutes until golden brown. Then, toss with seasoning mix.
- If you have more time, then we suggest baking. First, toss pierogies in seasoning mix and bake at 400Â°F for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!
Adapted from: http://www.mrstsfoodservice.com/Recipes/Details?currentId=46
Two of our favorite things together, these Bacon Wrapped Pierogies will easily become a crown pleaser.
Bacon Wrapped Pierogies
- 12 Mrs. T’s Loaded Baked Pierogies (#4991)
- 6 slices of bacon (#8463), cut in half
- brown sugar (#1150), optional
- Defrost pierogies in hot water for 3 minutes. Then, wrap with Â½ slice bacon; sprinkle with brown sugar if desired.
- Bake at 400Â°F for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
Adapted from: http://www.mrstsfoodservice.com/Recipes/Details?currentId=48
These Stuffed Pierogy Street Tacos take tacos to a whole new level. The combination of the savory potato filling with the spicy chorizo is one you will be pleasantly surprised with.
Stuffed Pierogy Street Tacos
- 1 bag Mrs. T’s Classic Cheddar and Potato Pierogies (#5621)
- 3 lbs. chorizo sausage
- 5.6 lbs. canned black beans
- Your favorite taco toppings: pico de gallo, Tillamook Shredded Cheese (#1866), sour cream, Calavo Fiesta Guacamole (#9247), etc.
- Vegalene Garlic Mist (#1577)
- To begin, cook chorizo sausage in a large skillet until browned; set aside.
- Drain and rinse black beans; set aside.
- Then, preheat your oven to 400Â° F Coat a baking sheet (#5957) with Vegalee Garlic Mist.
- Place pierogies on baking sheet, then put in the oven for 16-18 minutes, or until pierogies are golden brown. Turn over halfway through bake time.
- Using a sharp bread knife, cut the pierogies in half from the top curve of the pierogy to the bottom (be careful not to cut through to the base of the pierogies) to create a taco shell.
- Stuff pierogy with chorizo, black beans, and your favorite taco toppings before serving.
Adapted from: http://www.mrstsfoodservice.com/Recipes/Details?currentId=91
Be the first to comment.