Get to Know E-Z Gel
What is E-Z Gel?
E-Z Gelâ„¢ is a gluten-free, Non-GMO, instant cornstarch that can be added directly to any liquid â€“ hot or cold â€“ for immediate thickening. It can be used in baked applications to keep breads and cookies soft, to add body to low calorie sauces and salad dressings, or to thicken soups and gravies. Products made with E-Z Gel can be refrigerated, canned, or frozen without weeping, thinning, or breaking down. E-Z Gel whisks into food without lumping and adds no flavor of its own. Keep reading for 3 easy ways to use it!
This product replaces cornstarch, flour and tapioca in all thickening applications:
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch = 2 Tbsp E-Z Gel
- 2 Tbsp flour or tapioca = 2 Tbsp E-Z Gel
Reduced Sugar Freezer Fruit Spread
- 4 cups finely chopped or crushed fruit or berries
- 2 cups C & H Granulated Sugar (#2096), or BBF Monk Fruit Blend (#1745) for sugar-free
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Cornaby’s E-Z Gel (#8733)
- First, combine crushed fruit, sugar and lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Then, gradually add E-Z Gel, stirring constantly. Let stand five minutes to thicken and stir until smooth.
- To finish, package, label, date and freeze for up to one year.
Yield: 6 cups
Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3/4 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#2096), or BBF Monk Fruit Blend (#1745) for sugar-free
- Dash of Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- 1/2 tsp Blue Cattle Mexican Vanilla (#6702)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 6 Tbsp Cornaby’s E-Z Gel (#8733)
- First, combine milk, sugar, salt, vanilla and food coloring in medium bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Then, gradually add E-Z Gel, stirring constantly. Let stand five minutes to thicken.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
Low-Fat Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup reduced fat or fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp AP Premium Garlic Powder (#1021)
- 1/2 tsp AP Premium Onion Powder (#1027)
- 1/4 tsp AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029)
- 1 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt Salt (#1146)
- 1 tsp C & H Granulated Sugar (#2096)
- 1.5 tsp AP Parsley Flakes (#1426)
- 1 Tbsp Cornaby’s E-Z Gel (#8733)
- First, combine mayonnaise and buttermilk in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Then, combine the remaining ingredients and add to buttermilk mixture. Stir until creamy.
- Then, refrigerate for 30 minutes to thicken and blend flavors.
- Store leftovers in a covered container for up to four weeks.
Yield: 2 1/4 cups
Recipes are featured on the back of the E-Z Gel bag.