Granola Trail Mix Butterflies
Trail mix butterflies with granola, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, & freeze dried bananas. These snack bags are great for summer snacks, school lunches, or after-school snacks.
Trail Mix Ingredients:
This recipe is already a variation from classic trail mix with peanuts, M&M’s Milk Chocolate Pieces, Boghosian California Sun Dried Raisins (#2122), Kirkland Whole Almonds (#1294), and AP Roasted/Salted Cashews (#9117), so we decided to find more variations to try.
- Snyder’s of Hanover Pretzel Snaps (#2319)
- Gold Fish Baked Snack Crackers (#3097)
- Kirkland Walnut Halves & Pieces (#1293)
- AP Sweet Dried Cranberries (#9205)
- AP Dark Chocolate Cranberries (#2038)
- Nabisco Cookie and Snack Variety Pack (#1257)
- AP Yogurt Pretzels (#2716)
- Freeze Dried Apples
- Swedish Fish Mini (#2263)
- Kirkland Fancy Pecan Halves (#1292)
- Dries Mangoes
- Kellogg’s Cereal Jumbo Assortment Pack (#2713)
- AP Dark Chocolate Candy Coated Alpine Mints (#2035)
- Kirkland Microwave Movie Theater Butter Popcorn (#1821)
- Candied Nuts- Squirrel Brand Salted Caramel Pecans (#2556), AP Butter Toffee Almonds (#2041), or AP Butter Toffee Cashews (#2043)
- Kirkland Milk Chocolate Almonds (#1619)
Trail mix butterflies with granola, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, & freeze dried bananas.
Granola Trail-mix Butterflies
- 3 cups Fieldstone Bakery Premium Original Granola (#5768)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup AP Chocolate Covered Cranberries (#2038)
- 3/4 cup Boghosian California Sun Dried Raisins (#2122)
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips (#2781)
- 1 cup freeze dried banana slices
- Rectangle snack bags
- Pipe cleaner
- First, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Then, divide between the snack bags, leaving a little bit of space in each.
- To create the butterfly, pinch the center of each bag and wrap a pipe cleaner around it. Twist a couple of times to secure it, then curl the ends with your finger. Repeat until all the bags are filled.
Looking for more kid-friendly ideas?
- Fruit Loop Treats - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Granola Trail Mix Butterflies Spice up School Lunches Wyman’s Fruit Leather […]