Instant Pot Tomato Soup
It’s getting to be the time of year where we reap the benefits of our hard work gardening all summer. So, how will you use your fresh produce? This creamy Instant Pot Tomato Soup is super easy to make using garden fresh veggies or our Flav-R-Pac IQF Vegetables.
Homemade Tomato Juice
Our friends over at Favorite Family Recipes shared this easy Tomato Juice Recipe. Their kids love to drink it, but we use it mainly for soup recipes. You will need 3 1/2 lbs tomatoes (per quart), 1/4-1 cup water, 1 tsp salt (#1146), 1/2 tsp onion salt (#1024), 1/4 tsp celery salt (#1427). You can find the instructions here.
What can I serve with my Tomato Soup?
Whatever you decide to serve with this Tomato Soup, our Garlic Supreme (#6112) is a staple for most easy sides in our home.
- A favorite way to eat tomato soup is with a simple Grilled Cheese Sandwich using our Rocky Mountain Loaves (#1336)/(#1345) and Tillamook Shredded Cheddar Cheese (#1866). Sprinkle Garlic Supreme (#6112) on the buttered bread to take it up a notch!
- Another easy side is our Bosco Sticks W/Mozzarella Cheese (#5620). We like to brush them with melted butter, parmesan cheese, and Garlic Supreme (#6112) for more great flavor.
- Make a simple garlic bread with our Tuscan Dinner Rolls (#8196). Simply cut in half lengthwise and butter with, you guessed it,
Garlic Supreme (#6112). Bake until golden brown.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 12 Tips and Tricks to Make Using Your Instant Pot a Cinch
Tomato Soup has always been a comfort food for us, but using our fresh garden veggies makes it just a tad better.
Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Diced Onion (#5772)
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup Bell Pepper (#6386)
- 3 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 1-quart Homemade Tomato Juice (see recipe above)
- 3 cups beef broth (#1041 base). Use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian.
- salt (#1146) & pepper (#1029) to taste
- 1 cup milk or cream (optional)
- First, melt the butter in your Instant Pot using the Sauté function.
- Once that has melted, add the diced vegetables and satué until they begin to soften- about 5-7 minutes.
- Then, add the tomato juice, broth, and seasonings.
- Select the Soup setting for 10 minutes.
- Once the time is up, manually release the pressure then remove the lid.
- Blend until smooth with an Immersion Blender. Add the milk or cream and stir until combined, then serve.