New Orleans Gumbo
This New Orleans Gumbo recipe features our NEW Daily’s Rope Sausage and Vanee Chicken and Pulled Pork. It is a perfect weekend dinner full of flavor- that gets better with time! The flavor can be as mild or hot as you prefer and is best served with Minute White Rice (#1468).
What else can I add to gumbo?
Although this recipe is delicious as is, we’re all about trying new ways to serve it! A popular addition is shrimp, making our Contessa Black Tiger Shrimp (#2806) the perfect addition. You can mix different types of meat, but the staples are shrimp and sausage. Plus, you can try serving it in a Bread Bowl!
If you like this recipe, try these:
This New Orleans Gumbo recipe features our NEW Daily’s Rope Sausage and Vanee Chicken and Pulled Pork. It is a perfect weekend dinner full of flavor- that gets better with time!
New Orleans Gumbo
- 1/3 cup BBF Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 1/2 cup Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 2/3 cups Flav-R-Pac Diced Onion (#5772)
- 3/4 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cups Flav-R-Pac Green & Red Peppers (#6386), diced
- 1 Tbsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- Regal Sea Salt (#1146), Table Grind Black Pepper (#1028), and AP Cayenne Pepper (#1418), to taste
- 1/2 lbs Daily’s Black Pepper Rope Sausage (#1920), sliced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth (#1038 base)
- 1 1/2 cups Vanee Deluxe Pulled Chicken with Broth (#1953)
- 3 cups Vanee Deluxe Pulled Pork (#1954)
- First, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the flour and cook until you reach a dark consistency.
- Then, add the onions, celery, peppers, and garlic, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Next, add the sausage, salt, pepper, cayenne, and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 50-60 minutes, then add the chicken and pork. Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until the meat is heated through.