Classic Pork Stew
We welcome this hearty Classic Pork Stew with open arms and as a reminder of fall coming soon. The savory flavors, pork, and veggies make for the perfect cozy-night-in meal. Stew is great for a dump meal because you can swap with any veggies you have on hand, and it (usually) turns out delicious.
Can I use different veggies?
Stew is great to do as a “dump dinner” when you’re trying to clear out the fridge or use up those fresh garden veggies. A favorite swap of ours is to use potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms.
More Soup Ideas:
We welcome this hearty Classic Pork Stew with open arms and as a reminder of fall coming soon. The savory flavors, pork, and veggies make for the perfect cozy-night-in meal.
Classic Pork Stew
- 1 case Main St. Meats Pork Cubes (#1756)
- 1/4 cup Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 2 1/2 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper (#1029)
- 3 Tbsp BBF Avocado Oil (#3516)
- 2 small leeks, white and green part thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 2-4 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 1 cup white wine (can sub with white wine vinegar)
- 3 cups Flav-R-Pac Green & Red Peppers (#6386)
- 2 cups Flav-R-Pac Green Beans (#3781)
- 1 cup Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Carello balsamic vinegar (#1057)
- 2 bay leaves (#1753)
- 1 tsp dried thyme (#1444)
- 2 tsp Italian ‘N Pizza Seasoning (#1432)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- First, toss the thawed pork cubs with flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Next, heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Then, add half of the pork in a flat layer to the pot without overcrowding. Cook each piece 2-3 minutes, turning to get an even brown. Once browned, move to a plate and continue until all the pork has been browned.
- Then, saute the leeks, shallots, onion, and garlic until the leeks begin to wilt. Deglaze the pan with the wine while scraping the bottom of the pot to remove the stuck bits.
- Now, to the pot add the peppers, green beans, chicken stock, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, bay leaves, Italian seasoning, thyme, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Mix until it is well combined, and bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pork, then cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. If the vegetables are not tender, add another 10 to 15 minutes (the time will vary based on how you prefer your vegetables). Add salt and pepper, and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Adapted from: https://southernboydishes.com/2013/10/07/classic-pork-stew/
- Crock Pot Cabbage, Potato & Sausage Stew - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Classic Pork Stew […]