No-Hassle Summer Meals for Kids
We’re always a little shocked at how much food we go through during the summer. With kids home from school, we’re planning more lunches and snacks to keep up with their appetites. Without fast and easy meal options in the freezer, it can easily feel like the whole day is spent just prepping and cleaning up. So, we’ve put together a power list of quick and easy kid-favorites to help you spend less time in the kitchen this summer.
No prep required!
Try these Alison’s Pantry customer favorites that don’t require any prep work! Serve with a side of fruit or veggies for an easy lunch or dinner.
- Uncrustables– PB & Grape Jelly, 72 ct. (#7579), PB & Grape Jelly, 18 ct. (#3119), PB & Strawberry Jelly, 72 ct. (#4290), PB & Strawberry Jelly, 18 ct. (#3120), PB & Honey, 4 ct. (#1437)
- Corn Dogs- Foster Farm All Meat Corn Dogs,60 ct. (#1182) or Foster Farms Pop Dogs Mini Chicken Corn Dogs (#1581)
- Hot Pockets- Pepperoni Pizza (#1282) or Bacon, Egg & Cheese in a Croissant Crust (#1731)
- Bosco Sticks- Mozzarella Cheese Stuffed (#5620) or Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed (#5795)
- Frozen Burritos- El Monterey Bean & Cheese Burritos (#2245), El Monterey Beef & Bean Burritos (#2246) or Baja Cafe Burrito Variety Pack (#7368)
- Milford Valley Chicken- Chicken Cordon Bleu (#8553), Chicken W/Brocoli & Cheese (#8555), Jalapeno Chicken Minis (#9060), Stuffed Cordon Bleu Chicken Minis (#9062)
- Sandwiches- White Castle Cheeseburgers (#1595), Raybern’s Philly Cheesesteak Wrapped Sandwich (#2070), Johnsonville Smokey Cheddar Sausage in Soft Baked Roll (#1362), Smoked Brat in Soft Baked Roll (#1363), and Sweet & Smokey Sausage in Soft Baked Roll (#1365)
- Starkist Tuna Creations (Ranch #2256 or Lemon Pepper #2255)
- Starkist Chicken Creations Chicken Salad (#2257)
- Lunch Meat- Bridgerland Roasted Sliced Turkey (#2100), Hardwood Smoked Sliced Honey Ham (#2101) or Hardwood Smoked Sliced Pit Beef (#2102)
- Bread- Grecian Delight Wheat Pita Pocket (#2249), Rocky Mountain Bread Co. Split Top Hoagie Buns (#1988), Stonefire Mini Naan Bread (#1686), Janey Lou’s Plain Bagel Dough (#2078), Rocky Mountain Bread Co. White (#1336), Wheat (#1345), Sourdough (#1987) or Texas Toast (#1373) Loaves
- Condiments- mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pesto, Pioneer Valley Fancy Jam, Jif Creamy Peanut Butter (#2913), Busy Bee Honey,
- Toppings- lettuce, tomato, cheese, Daily’s Precooked bacon (#4835)
Make an easy panini by spreading Chef Shamy Garlic Butter (#8124) on 2 slices of bread. Add desired fillings (try some lunch meat + cheese for an easy one), then cook in a skillet like you would a grilled cheese. Use the spatula to press it down. For a sweet option, spread Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter (#8129) on the outside of a PB&J, then heat in a pan.