Sugar Cookie Bars
Sugar Cookies will forever hold a special place in our hearts. They are just so.dang.good! But, they really are a pain to make sometimes- rolling out the dough, cutting out shapes, rolling out the dough again, etc…Sugar Cookies Bars take half the work with all the same delicious flavors, and won’t leave you with a dozen or two more cookies than you wanted. So, we’ll be celebrating National Sugar Cookie Day with these glorious, mouthwatering bars.
- Perfect for Summer! Mix in Regal Mini Pure Semisweet Chocolate Chips (#2538) and mini marshmallows for S’mores Cookie Bars.
- Turn these bars into simple Fruit Pizzas by topping with strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Mix in Milk Chocolate M & M’s (#2081) for simple Candy Cookie Bars.
- Add sprinkles to the dough for Funfetti Bars.
- For a rich indulgence…top with Regal Mini Pure Semisweet Chocolate Chips (#2538), shredded coconut and chopped Kirkland Fancy Pecan Halves (#1292) mixed with sweetened condensed milk.
Soft and fluffy Sugar Cookie Bars topped with rich cream cheese icing and sprinkles.
Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup Kirkland Salted Sweet Cream Butter (#1723)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Blue Cattle Mexican Vanilla Paste (#6945)
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Janey Lou’s Cream Cheese Icing (#8388)
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- First, cream together the butter and sour cream. Then, beat in the sugar until fluffy, adding the egg and vanilla after about a minute. Continue to mix until smooth. Then, slowly add the flour until fully incorporated.
- Now, transfer the dough into a 9×13 baking dish lined with AP Parchment Paper (#1153) and sprayed with Bak-Klene (#5564). Use a rubber spatula to spread it into an even layer.
- Next, bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lighlty golden brown and slightly undercooked in the middle. Use the parchment paper overhang to transfer the bars to a Crestware Cooling Rack (#1145) once fully cooled.
- Then, generously spread the icing on top, followed by sprinkles. Cut into squares or rectangles, and transfer to a serving platter. Enjoy!