Chicken Phyllo Pie
This delicious variation on a pot pie is loaded with chicken and veggies with a nice crispy phyllo crust. It also contains no dairy! Plus, you can easily make it vegetarian by removing the mean and using a vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Do you have leftover chicken?
If you have leftover chicken, this recipe is PERFECT! You can use shredded or cubed, and it will taste great either way- although we prefer cubed. Try cooking up some Beehive Rolls (#8925) to serve, too!
If you like this recipe, try these:
This delicious variation on a pot pie is loaded with chicken and veggies with a nice crispy phyllo crust. It also contains no dairy!
Chicken Phyllo Pie
- 2 cup Flav-R-Pac Sunshine Carrots (#5520)
- 1 cup Flav-R-Pac Chopped Onion (#5772)
- 1-3 cup Flav-R-Pac Diced Red Potatoes (#8569)
- 2 tsp Kirkland Minced Garlic (#1289)
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage minced
- 1 tsp dried poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1147)
- 1/2 tsp AP Table Grind Black Pepper (#1029)
- 2 Tbsp Turkey Brand Flour (#2285)
- 4 cups chicken broth (#1038 base)
- 2 cups Flav-R-Pac Petite Green Peas (#6208)
- 4 cups Pierce’s Seasoned Diced Chicken Breast (#7787)
- 8 sheets Athen’s Phyllo Dough (#9041), thawed
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (#3516)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a lightly oiled pan, saute garlic, onion, and carrots about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- In a small bowl, combine the thyme, sage, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add flour to the pan, stirring for about 60 seconds.
- Now, pour in the chicken broth and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Let boil until it begins to thicken, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, potatoes, and chicken. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Now, pour the mixture into an oven-safe dish.
- Pour the oil into a bowl, add use it to “paint” the phyllo with a pastry brush. After each sheet is brushed with oil, place it on top of the dish to start forming your crust. Continue until all the sheets are used and the filling is covered. Add more oil, if needed.
- Slit the dough 2-3 times, then place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the phyllo begins to brown.
Adapted from: https://thelemonbowl.com/lighter-chicken-pot-pie-with-phyllo-dough-dairy-free/
- BBQ Chicken Phyllo Flatbread Pizza - Alisons Pantry Delicious Living Blog - […] Chicken Phyllo Pie […]