Homemade Mini Corn Dogs
For National Hot Dog Day, we wanted to share a fun way to use Hebrew National® Beef Franks (#2765) other than with a bun or pigs in a blanket. So, why not share another family-friendly favorite…Corn Dogs! And, cutting the franks in half before dipping in the batter turns these into mini food, which instantly makes it taste better.
Hebrew National Beef Franks cut in half and dipped in a buttermilk cornmeal batter and deep-fried. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauces! These truly irresistible corn dogs are excellent dipped in ketchup, mustard, honey mustard, Double Dips Gourmet Fry Sauce (#7255), or Double Dips Chick’n Dippin’ Sauce (#7253).
If you’re short on time, try these tasty options instead:
- So hard to resist, these crispy bite-size Foster Farms Pop Dogs Mini Chicken Corn Dogs 120 ct. Bag (#1581) have a Honey Crunch batter that is sooo tasty. Just bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- A customer favorite that we are sooo happy to have back in catalog- Foster Farms All Meat Corn Dogs 60 ct. Case (#1182). These Plump franks in an exclusive Honey Crunch batter can be baked from frozen at 350°F for 18 minutes.
And, complete the meal with these sides:
Enjoy fair-style food at home! We recommend serving finger foods with these corn dogs. Plus, it makes it more fun for the kids.
- Ore-Ida Seasoned Golden Tater Tots (#2425)
- Fresh sliced fruit
- Golden Crisp Ovenable Breaded Mozzarella Sticks (#2683)
- Brew City Beer Battered Thin French Fries (#1762)
- Green salad
- Glacier Gold Sweet Potato Fries (#1211)
Hebrew National Beef Franks cut in half and dipped in a buttermilk cornmeal batter and deep-fried. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauces!
Homemade Mini Corn Dogs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour or Lehi Mills Turkey Brand Unbleached Bread Flour (#2285)
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp C & H Granulated Sugar (#1632)
- 2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder (#2847)
- 1/4 tsp Regal Fine Sea Salt (#1146)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 6 Hebrew National® Beef Franks (#2765), thawed and patted dry
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 12 wooden skewers
- Ketchup and mustard, for dipping
- First, heat oil in a pan or deep fryer to 350F.
- Then, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the egg and buttermilk and stir until thouroughly mixed.
- Now, cut each frank in half to create 12 pieces. Poke the skewer into the center of each.
- Next, generously coat the franks in the batter and place in the oil. Cook until the batter is browned, approx. 5 minutes.
- Place on a paper towel lined plated to drain the excess oil, and serve with ketchip and mustard. Enjoy!