Pumpkin Spice Desserts
Starbucks learned what we’ve all known for years: pumpkin spice is a flavor with unparalleled popularity. Somehow the crunch and color of changing leaves, the cozy comfort of a well-worn flannel, and the aroma of baked goods in the oven are manifest in this autumn staple. Pumpkin spice is fallâ€™s favorite flavor and we love it in beverages, fluffy pancakes, tender quick bread, muffins, donuts, and fritters. Krusteaz All-Purpose Pumpkin Spice Baking Mix (#1989) makes it easy to appease a pumpkin craving. Keep reading for some of our favorite recipes that can be made in minutes with this mix!
Use it for:
- Angel Food Cake
- Quick Bread
- Whoopie Pies- see recipe below!
- Bread Pudding
- Bundt Cake- see recipe below!
Enjoy a classic Bundt Cake with your favorite fall flavor, pumpkin, topped off with a simple powdered sugar glaze.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 2 cups Krusteaz All Purpose Pumpkin Spice Baking Mix (#1989)
- 1 5.1 oz. box vanilla instant pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
- Bak-Klene Spray (#5564)
- Optional mix-ins: chopped Kirkland Pecan Halvess (#1292), Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (#1305), Boghosian California Sun Dried Raisins (#2122), etc.
- First, preheat oven to 350F.
- Then, spray a USA Pan Fluted Tube Cake Pan (#2292) with Bak-Klene. Set aside.
- Now, stir together the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and any mix-ins, mix until fully incorporated.
- Next, pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean out of the center.
- Allow to cool on a Crestware Cooling Rack (#1145).
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze: add the sugar to a bowl, then slowly add the milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour the glaze over top. Enjoy!
Enjoy Pumpkin Spice cookies filled with Rich’s Cheesecake Dessert Whip for a simple fall treat.
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- 1/2 box Krusteaz All Purpose Pumpkin Spice Baking Mix (#1989)
- 1 2/3 cup warm water
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- First, preheat oven to 400F.
- Then, prepare the cookies by whisking together the water, eggs and oil. Then, add the Krusteaz Pumpkin Mix and whisk until fully combined.
- Using a Crestware Cookie Scoop (#3838), scoop the dough onto a Crestware Cookie Sheet (#4020) lined with a Crestware Silicone Baking Mat (#8436) about an inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, then transfer to a Crestware Cooling Rack (#1145).
- Now, once the cookies are cooled completely, pipe the cheesecake whip onto the flat side of half of the cookies, then top with a second cookie. Enjoy!